Pace Pharmacy is actively looking for a Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Assistant or Technician with experience to join our team!
Are you ready to make a change?
Pace Pharmacy's Leaside location at 40 Laird Drive is looking for an experienced, dedicated, highly organized, friendly and motivated individual to join our team.
The successful candidate should have experience in sterile or aseptic compounding, processing, or filling. In addition to performing compounding duties, you will perform administrative tasks.
Compounding Pharmacy Technician or Assistant Job Duties include:
- Compounding of pharmaceutical products to meet the pharmacy’s needs - understanding and following all company SOPs and NAPRA guidelines
- Calculating, measuring, mixing, and packaging compounded sterile preparations.
- Labelling, packaging and organizing compounded products
- Following all SOPs, double-checking calculations, recording compounding procedures, lot and expiry of ingredients
- Monitoring and recording inventory and other required items for compounding.
- Maintaining sufficient supplies and inventory to meet the company's needs
- Maintaining and improving upon our quality control and assurance program.
- Responsible for inspection, maintenance, cleaning, and disinfection of laboratory equipment, instruments, utensils, and facilities
- Communicating effectively and professionally with other pharmacy team members.
- Lifting/moving heavy totes, boxes, etc.
Sterile Compounding Assistant/Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Attention to detail, Ability to Work Independently, Multitasking, Time Management, Inventory Management, Creating a Safe and Effective Environment, Efficiency, Quality Focus, Analytical Skills, Independent Problem Solving, Ability To Follow SOPs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit, and use hands and fingers to manipulate, handle or feel tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, crouch, bend, smell, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25kg. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Pace Pharmacy is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under Pace Pharmacy’s accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.
Recommended Software Experience:
- Kroll dispensary software
- Microsoft Office
We look forward to receiving your up-to-date cover letter and resume, and we thank you in advance for your interest in Pace Pharmacy.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$26.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East York, ON M4G 3T2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Did you read the job description?
- cleanroom: 1 year (preferred)
- sterile or aseptic compounding: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person