We are an established summer camp in Markham, ON that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, we are running virtual summer camps and classes on a variety of topics. However, we need help advertising our offerings beyond our traditional clientele and attracting customers who will be interested in our programs.
We are looking for a marketing specialist (a 'rainmaker') with experience in helping similar businesses flourish. Experience in the education sector would be an asset. The person chosen should have exceptional initiative and be ready to develop a game plan upon hiring (i.e. this position is not a passive one where the employee is constantly guided by upper management, but rather requires active creativity).
To apply, include a brief cover letter paragraph outlining how you could contribute to our virtual summer camp, improving visibility, attracting the right clients and keeping their interest.
For your reference, our four main categories of camp/course offerings are as follows: Camps are normally for children from ages 4-9. Courses are normally for students from age 10-18.
- French as a Second Language: Fun French Camps, Immersion French Camps, Intensive French Speaking Courses, Courses in French Literary & Linguistic Analysis
- English: Harry Potter Camps, Public Speaking Camps, SSAT Prep Courses
- Math/Sciences: Math Competition Courses, STEM Camps, Accelerated Curriculum Science Courses
- Computing: Scratch Camps, Python Courses, Web/Graphic Design Courses, Game Development Courses
Application deadline: 2020-07-12
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19