A private college located in Downtown Vancouver is looking for ESL teachers for general English and elective classes as well as for vacation relief and sickness coverage.
Here are the details:
This position requires the instructor to teach students using fun and interactive lessons incorporating lectures, demonstrations, pair work and group activities. This position requires the individual to be adaptable and flexible.
General English classes run from 9:00 am to 12:15 pm, Monday to Friday. Elective classes run from 1:00pm to 3:15pm.
Teachers may cover a portion or the whole schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach students using a systematic plan with clear learning objectives
- Creating lesson plans that incorporate off and online resources
- Maintain a professional relationship with students while ensuring that their general well-being is also looked after
- Keep accurate records of student attendance and exams
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience
- TESOL or CELTA certifications/diplomas a plus
- IELTS, test preparation and pronunciation experience an asset
- Ability to motivate and energize students of various English levels
- Familiarity with videoconferencing software (Zoom, Teams, etc.) a must
Interested applicants should send a resume referencing which position they are applying for. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Part-time hours: 15-25 per week
Expected start date: 2021-06-21
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $22.00-$23.00 per hour
Classes are held on campus Monday to Thursday with strict COVID-19 protocols (i.e., temperature checks, facial masks, sanitizing of hands and contact surfaces.). Friday is a testing day and classes are held online.