ACL/SPIRITLEAF Assistant Manager
ATLANTIC CULTIVATION LIMITED (ACL) is proud to be building a team of passionate individuals that are obsessed with quality, care about the wider community and want to have fun. These values aligned with Spiritleaf’s make it a natural partnership to serve the Newfoundland Cannabis Retail Market.
It’s your story. It’s our platform. Be a part of a movement that will change how the world sees, hears, and feels about Cannabis.
Spiritleaf Galway is looking for an Assistant Manager, to support, lead and inspire by taking a forward-thinking approach to the retail experience. You will drive sales and create an environment that is engaging, educational and inspiring to customers and team members.
LEADERSHIP & TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Continuously assist in building a strong internal bench, maintain a network of great candidates, hire exceptional people, and create personalized succession paths.
- Take responsibility for own development and professional growth; identify and train role replacement in preparation for career progression.
- Support training plans that build skills and expertise and coach team members by providing timely and specific feedback to create a culture of action and accountability.
- Inspire teams through values, empathy, and empowerment, tailoring motivation to the individual and leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Act as a brand ambassador reflective of the company values and mission.
- Customer Engagement: Cultivate an environment of genuine customer connection by being highly focused on delivering exceptional customer experiences that are engaging, efficient and personalized. Engage with local community via events and social media platforms.
- Retail Experience: challenge and inspire the team to elevate every aspect of the store experience through service, merchandising, and display to create a compelling atmosphere for the customer.
- Lead Change & Innovation: lead and support new ideas and initiatives to evolve the retail experience for the customer; drive sales and provide a unique store experience.
VISUAL & BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- Analyze the Business: analyze sales and products to identify and interpret business opportunities for the store, customer and market.
- Inspire Independent Thinking: effectively delegate and guide teams while at the same time allowing others the creativity to succeed by making strategic, business-impacting decisions.
- Manage Operational Execution: collaborate with the Store Manager, as well as Head Office to lead timely and effective execution of store controls and operating standards while assuming accountability for the store’s profitability.
- Manage Visual Execution: collaborate with key partners to assess timely and effective execution of store structure, outfitting, display, and merchandising while assuming accountability for the store’s profitability.
COMMUNICATIONS & RELATIONSHIPS
- Provide Meaningful Feedback: set clear objectives and expectations to drive a consistent store experience and ensure excellent operational and visual standards.
- Communicate & Build Relationships: foster a culture of strong communication and teamwork in order to ensure a seamless balance of operational and visual priorities and to facilitate problem-solving.
- Adaptability: encourage and demonstrate adaptability; positively influencing change and enabling the team to successfully execute a shared vision.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of proven success in building customer relationships and providing the ‘wow’ experience in a retail management or supervisory position.
- You have a love for our products and want to share your passion with your team and your customers through toxin free education.
- You bring new ideas and enthusiasm to drive sales and lead your team to success.
- You are an operational ninja with an entrepreneurial spirit and are always looking to develop your business skills.
- You have open availability to be at the store when your store and manager needs you.
- You want to have fun, laugh, and make our customers and co-workers happy.
- You must be at least the minimum required legal age (19+) in our province and be able to pass a police background check.
- First Aid/CPR training an asset (must be able to provide current copy of certificate).
Please include a cover letter, along with your CV, to include your experience, knowledge, and/or identify your interest in the growing cannabis industry.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are following all government recommended protocols and procedures.
- Retail Management: 2 years (required)