Animal Hospital of Cambridge is currently hiring a part time social media coordinator to join our busy practice!
About Animal Hospital of Cambridge
Established in 2004 by Drs. Kathy Hrinivich and Neil Kennedy, Animal Hospital of Cambridge (AHOC) is a full service emergency veterinary hospital open from 8-8, 7 days a week. Serving the tri-cities area and beyond, AHOC employs over 60 veterinarians, registered veterinary technicians, and customer service representatives. We believe in wellness-based medicine and are constantly striving to improve the way we treat patients and serve our community. This includes recent innovations in practice modalities, including introducing telemedicine.
In 2019, AHOC purchased Fifth Avenue Veterinary Clinic (FAVC) in Orangeville, ON. FAVC embodies the same practice philosophy, and serves community members in Orangeville, Mono, Caledon and beyond.
About the role
AHOC and FAVC are growing their presence online through the utilization of social media (Facebook and Instagram) and content creation. We have recently begun using Hootsuite to schedule an increased frequency of posts, and as a result, have seen a huge increase in engagement and reach. We have also recently introduced a Facebook LIVE series on relevant pet health topics, and have begun interacting more frequently with local media to expand community awareness.
AHOC and FAVC are hiring a Social Media Coordinator to continue supporting these initiatives. In particular, we need help engaging with our online community. Responsibilities would include:
- Ideating and developing innovative social media campaigns
- Growing our online engagement and reach
- Responding to online messages and comments
- Scheduling posts in Hootsuite
- Content creation, including copy, static posts and videos
- Additional support, as required
- Previous experience (minimum 1 year) managing social media accounts
- Excellent written communication skills
- Team player - always willing to pitch in and help out
- Self starter - able to effectively work remotely and self-motivate
- Experience in animal welfare/ veterinary medicine considered an asset
- Experience with InDesign/ Adobe considered an asset
Hours of Work
Flexible scheduling available, however expected commitment is 15-20 hours per week.
Duration of Contract
Immediate start date. Contract completion date anticipated to be August 28, 2020, however contract extension is a possibility.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume by June 5, 2020. Please include a summary on why you’re the best fit for the role.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Application deadline: 2020-06-05
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- social media: 1 year (Preferred)