We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You are a technical developer who is excited about providing end-to-end data analytic solutions. These solutions will range from designing a comprehensive data model to providing an insightful production dashboards to drive evidence-based decision making at all levels for the Personal and Small Business Banking lines of business. You will be exploring large datasets with limited metadata, and are expected to operate independently in forming and creating a comprehensive data/table structures that will be the backbone of all regular/adhoc analysis and reporting for the team.
You will also support the execution of the strategic data roadmap for the team and provide the capability to create quantifiable value by the use of data, analytics and insights. This includes developing data and workflows through efficient/automated ETL processes, and act as a key enabler to the rest of the team . You will have technical responsibility for understanding and managing the usage of key data sources as well as the development and maintenance of sales force, client and product profiles designed to facilitate ongoing and ad-hoc work.
How You’ll Succeed
- Data Exploration - Explore the data with the limited information, and develop a strategic data integration plan that will connect bank’s client journey from start to finish.
- Business Performance, Client and Product Profile Development - Develop and maintain streamlined ETL process for sales force, client and product data that can be used to facilitate both ongoing reporting and ad hoc analyses
- Strong Partner – You will develop change management strategies and maintain open, collaborative lines of communication to ensure awareness of requirements and impacts. You will gather critical information on the various management techniques/client issues/concerns, strategic priorities, business challenges and specific project requirements to support the development of a winning value proposition
- Business Intelligence Play an integral role in contributing to the development of business intelligence, an integrated view/plan for data & analytics, measurements, and controls that will be used in reporting identified metrics at multiple levels within CIBC. Help define business and process requirements and manage deliverables against business partner expectations and time sensitive deadlines
- Ad Hoc Analyses – Develop ad hoc analyses to address key business issues as they arise. Complete complex client and product analyses utilizing a variety of structured and unstructured data sources. Develop and share insights with a wide variety of audience
- Reporting – Develop and maintain ongoing reporting related to key sales force, client, product and channel trends
Who You Are
- Technical Skills. You demonstrate strong understanding on the data warehouse design with and experience in managing and creating database model that supports and accelerate analytic end user. You have advanced proficiency in various RDBMS with PL/SQL, Stored Procedures and ERD. Experience in SAS macro, Java/Python/R, Alteryx and Tableau is an asset. You have the ability to perform complex data integration and transformation
- You are a problem solver. You have exceptional critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills with demonstrated ability to independently identify and analyze business and technical problems and recommend solutions
- Analytical . You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making
- Detail Oriented . You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making
- Goal Oriented. You are driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact
- Client-Focused . You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability
What You Need to Know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-CC East 5th Floor