Marek Hospitality is a Canadian company that specializes in providing food services in Healthcare dining. Our teams of culinary and hospitality professionals share a passion for great food and service. We celebrate culinary achievement, encourage creativity and challenge and reward our people for outstanding work.
We are currently looking for part-time Barista's to work at our Starbucks location in Oakville, ON. Baristas personally connect with, laugh with and uplift the lives of our customers. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made beverage; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer. They enjoy being able to achieve these aspirations autonomously, while representing a world class brand.
The Position Will...
- Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepare and sell drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, etc.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and suggesting process changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
The Competencies and Qualifications Needed...
- Strong knowledge in making traditional coffee drinks
- Certifications as required to comply with local Health codes
- Ability to lift (10kg.), pull & push heavy loads & be exposed to extreme temperatures
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English
- Able to work successfully in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in mentoring staff to maintain company standards in providing excellent guest services would be an asset
We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, as well as excellent learning experiences with ample opportunity for job and career growth. Join our team for an opportunity to love what you do while working with a great team in a safe work environment.
To apply to this position please submit a copy of your resume.
Marek Hospitality Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. For additional information on our organization, please visit us at www.marekhospitality.ca. Marek would like to hear from all interested candidates; accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and the duration of employment.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent