Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing, or eligible for registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum 5 years clinical nursing experience and a demonstrated high degree of clinical nursing competence with the ability to make appropriate professional judgments.
- Proven leadership abilities, effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of cost containment/utilization management strategies.
- Knowledge of community resources available for continuing care.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills in working with families and patients, staff, physicians, department heads and administration as required.
- Assesses those patients who have been identified either pre or post admission as having complex on-going care needs Identifies patient and family needs which require a coordinated approach in ensuring these needs are met in a timely manner.
- Recommends options for the continuing care of the patient.
- Coordinates discharge planning activities requiring multidisciplinary team member collaboration.
- Organizes and participates in multidisciplinary patient centered conferences to discuss discharge plans in conjunction with patient and family as appropriate.
- Liaises with Community Care providers such as the CCAC and other community agencies. Ensures appropriate criteria are met including appropriate forms and other requirements.
- Revises discharge plans according to changing patient status and communicates these changes to appropriate health care providers within the hospital and the community.
- Acts as a resource for health care team members in support of discharge planning activities.
- Supports and counsels patients and families throughout the discharge planning process.
- Coordinates the transfer of patients to the appropriate care environment.
- Works to identify education needs of care providers and to provide appropriate feedback on patient outcomes and the discharge process to the Programs.
- Identifies gaps in service and works collaboratively with health care providers to recommend changes to the health care system.
- Participates in the on-going evaluation of utilization data as it relates to discharge planning activities and promotes positive patient and family outcomes.
- Participates in on-going education and professional activities related to discharge planning and utilization management activities.
- Travel to all locations may be required.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.