Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you will do
As the Senior Manager, Learning & Development you will develop, implement and amplify innovative, creative and high-impact learning and development strategies. Areas of focus include selling and customer service skills, product knowledge, role-specific onboarding and operational programs, leadership development, etc.
You will bring alive our promise of work, learn, grow for our associates in the stores, in our print & tech production centres, contact centres, fulfillment centres and our home office.
You will lead projects, manage a team of learning professionals and operate primarily autonomously; consulting with your Director for overall strategic direction, expectations and for support and advice in complex or challenging situations.
We are on a transformational journey to become the working and learning company. As the Senior Manager, Learning & Development, you have the opportunity to impact a wide range of projects and build partnerships with many stakeholders across the organization. Each day will be fast paced, challenging, rewarding, and meaningful.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive the analysis, design, development, implementation and sustainment of a comprehensive suite of learning & development solutions to address the skills and knowledge gaps in a business, an audience, a function or an initiative to drive performance improvement.
- Lead the development and execution of leadership development programs and initiatives, ensuring alignment with emerging needs, goals and objectives.
- Oversee the effective implementation, change management, communications and internal marketing of learning and development solutions and programs.
- Promote the use of creative, effective and efficient instructional design processes by staying on top of learning and development industry trends; integrate new thinking and approaches into content.
- Speak effectively and persuasively in front of groups and in a variety of settings to clearly and logically present ideas and influence others.
- Make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Create a climate of engagement, productivity, and accountability by empowering and motivating others and encouraging them to contribute ideas, make decisions and continually improve.
Some of what you need
- 10+ years of progressive learning and development experience, including a minimum of 5 years experience leading medium-sized teams.
- Applied adult learning principles and methods for curriculum and training design, instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects for all levels of a retail organization.
- Experience with building out a robust leadership development program.
- Motivated, results-driven individual who demonstrates proactive, creative thinking and acute analytical and sound reasoning skills.
- Strong ability to use Microsoft suite of programs especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with a variety of instructional design tools or programs, such as Articulate is an asset.
- To be approachable
- To be a solutions finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.