We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team as our Facility Manager(NOC:70012) for the daily facility management of our campus. This person must be very well organized, self-motivated, patient, proactive, and must have excellent leadership skills. This is a full time, salaried role.
The Canadian College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (CCATCM) is the only educational institution in Atlantic Canada where students can learn to become acupuncturists and open the door to a rewarding medical career. Our core faculty has been in clinical practice and instructing in this field of medicine for more than 30 years. We have a great team and value the contribution of each team member with the common vision of broaden the future of traditional Chinese Medicine training in Canada.
· Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the operation of the facilities of our institute in accordance with our standards
· Schedule, organize and oversee the occupation of space within our Campus, such as all our classrooms, meeting rooms,laboratories, clinical rooms, faculty offices, reading room, computer rooms, parking lots, etc. according to the operation schedule of all our education programs
· Participate in the education programs planning in conjunction with our Principal Office and manage the administrative services of our college, such as signage, cleaning, sanitization, maintenance, parking, safety inspections, security and snow removal
· Plan and direct the implementation of regular inspections schedules and procedures of facilities within our college to ensure that all facilities are in good and safe status for use
· Plan and arrange repair and renewal projects of our facilities based on the results of regular inspections
· Plan, control and supervise the installation, maintenance and repair of our teaching equipment and systems
· Hire, train and direct the qualified staff of our facility management team
· Plan the facility operation budget with our Principal Office and implement facility maintenance tasks according to the budget
· Prepare and submit reports on facility inspections, construction projects and budget execution for the Principal Office
· Manage the contraction of supplies and service supply for the proper operation of our college
· Other tasks as required
· At least 1-year diploma in education or business administration
· At least 5 years’ experience at the position of Facility manager at a similar education environment
· Deep understanding of facility operation procedures at small-class education circumstance
· Familiar with the cross-functional cooperation at a similar education environment
· Ability to initiate, plan and manage projects;
· Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a wide range of issues;
· Good communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to use all Microsoft Office applications and other database type programs;
· Ability to create strong relationships with cross-functional teams;
· Language: fluent in English
· Language skills in Mandarin and/or Cantonese will be an asset but not a must
The right candidate will be compensated with:
$37-40CAD per hour for 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
2 weeks of paid vacation after 12 months of service or 4% of wages added monthly
Overtime pay after 48 hours of work in a week
Other benefits to be discussed
This is a full-time, permanent position. Thank you for your interests in this job. Please include cover letter and resume in your application and contact us only via E-mail or the specific portal designated by the recruiting platform. Only those qualified candidates invited to continue in the evaluation process will be contacted.
1306 Bedford Highway, Halifax, NS B4A 1C8
Canadian College of Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Ltd.
Mailing Address: 1306 Bedford Highway, Halifax, NS B4A 1C8, Canada, www.ccatcm.ca
Contact Person: Dr. Diana Li, Principal , Tel.:902-832-6628, Fax:902-832-3500 E-mail: [email protected].
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $37.00-$40.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-30
Expected start date: 2023-11-13