EAGLEPICHER, a leading producer of medical device batteries, located in Surrey, BC, is in need of a Manufacturing / Process / Design / Test Engineer to join their Medical Operations Team!
NOTE: We have realized that some of our roles require knowledge, flexibility and interest in a few different aspects of the profession. We are looking for individuals who have the knowledge and attitude to work all the way from the front of their computer designing to creating, testing and processing. There is also a steep learning curve and candidates should look at these roles as continuation of their education while they become fluent in this business over the next 2+ years.
EaglePicher Energy Products, ULC has been a leader in designing and manufacturing of batteries, battery management systems and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical and commercial industries for nearly a century. EaglePicher’s Surrey, BC location, which specializes in the manufacturing of specialty batteries used in implantable medical devices, has an opportunity for a Process / Manufacturing / Design / Test Engineer to join our team.
Your core responsibilities include:
The Process / Manufacturing / Design Engineer, you provide key support in actively improving and driving processes and productivity. These positions are spread between Engineering and R&D to focus on the development, engineering or production of cell manufacturing. In this position, you will learn the science and technology based upon existing processes, and collaborate with product design teams to achieve design for manufacturability.
· Actively improve and drive process, productivity, and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and sustaining improvement with process controls;
· Be a major player in design for manufacturability on new projects in the stage gate process (PDP);
· Adapt Lean Six Sigma, SPC, and other methods to fit process need, driving stability, and overall systematic process improvements.
· Develop processes/tooling for prototype and pilot scale manufacturing.
· Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations.
· Develop assembly and process specifications, along with other engineering documents.
· Promote activities associated with developing an Integrated Management System, driving the ISO 13485 standard in the manufacturing environment
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Science or technical degree (Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred)
· Moderate manufacturing experience in industrial engineering or scientific discipline utilizing science and engineering problem solving methods;
· Have knowledge and application experience utilizing statistical analysis tools such as SPC and Lean Six Sigma; Minitab.
· Have experience in data measurement, analysis, and report authoring using sound statistical analysis methods;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
· Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
· Self-motivated and hands-on. Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
· 3D CAD modeling knowledge. Solidworks experience is a plus and in many cases required.
· Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling methods will be helpful.
· Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology is desired.
· Evidence of process and design improvement in complex project to improve quality, throughput and reduce cost
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
· Detail oriented to accurately review data and document problem resolutions
· Entry Level – but must have completed at least 16 months of coop.
· Manufacturing and assembly of mechanical and electrical products in prototype, pre- series and series production phases
· Producing supporting documentation, procedures, method statements and risk assessments
· Understanding of manufacturing management processes: BOM, ERP, resource and capacity planning
· Working knowledge of ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 standards for quality control
· Can-do attitude – you always find a way to get things done.
EaglePicher Energy Products, ULC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
Perks of being an EaglePicher Employee
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· An Extended Health, Dental and Vision plan with 100% coverage of premiums and eligible claims.
· Registered Retirement Savings Plan with a double contribution from the company to the plan maximum.
· Dependent scholarship programs
· Regular employee events throughout the year
EaglePicher Medical Power is a diverse employer and will consider candidates from the MetroVancouver region only who are citizens or permanent residents and can commence work no later than January 3, 2022. All individuals outside this area should NOT apply for this posting.
Reference ID: 2021-055
Application deadline: 2021-12-03
Expected start date: 2022-01-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Masking requirement still in place. Candidates should be fully vaccinated before commencing work. Exceptions only as per BCHRC.
- Are you a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?
- Do you reside in the MetroVancouver region?
- Are you currently employed in an engineering occupation?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)