Developmental Opportunity - Program Supervisor
The ideal candidate will have a background in Developmental Services, Dual Diagnosis and Behaviour Management. They will be responsible for supervising the operation and evaluation of supports as assigned and for the management of the assigned support locations.
Duties will include leading staff in the implementation and monitoring of quality care supports; providing leadership and support to direct care staff.
- Completed post-secondary education in Human Services
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Social Service Sector
- Familiarity with supports and services in a residential setting
- Experience working in collaboration, developing and maintaining positive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Experience in application of Collective Agreement, applicable legislation (ESA) and policies.
- Maintaining documentation with a clear understanding of confidentiality.
ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven interpersonal capabilities
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and problem solving
- Ability to effectively manage program delivery as per CLE’s Vision, Mission and Strategic Plan
- Demonstrated ability to advocate on behalf of people
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work effectively within constant deadlines, changing priorities and with multiple tasks.
- Proven communication Skills – Ability to communicate and interact effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret collective agreements and the understanding of relevant legislation (ESA).
PERSONAL SUITABILITIES (Core Competencies)
- Holding people accountable
- Leading others
- Relationship/Network Building
- Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making
The hours of work for this position will include days, afternoons, evenings and weekends. The successful candidate will be included in the On-Call rotation and has the potential to work direct support in any of our locations.
This will be a unique opportunity for a developmental support professional who is seeking to expand their skills and look at career growth. If interested, please submit your application (including resume and proof of education) to the email provided by Wednesday Jan 29, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent