Clerk II - Reception
Temporary Full Time
Approximately 18 months
Hastings Manor has an opening for one (1) temporary full time Clerk II – Reception position.This is a non-union position and reports to the Administrative Services Coordinator. The primary function of this position is to provide general reception and administrative support to Residents, families and staff.
· Perform reception duties and direct inquiries from Residents, visitors and staff appropriately.
· Monitor a multi-line telephone system and direct all incoming telephone calls appropriately.
· Sort, pick up, deliver and distribute all facility mail, both internally and to the County Administration Building on a bi-weekly basis.
· Deliver all financial documents and cash deposits to the Finance Department on a weekly basis.
· Receive and receipt Resident maintenance payments.
· Issue funds from Resident trust accounts and generate a receipt of the Resident’s Power of Attorney’s signature.
· Balance Resident trust cash box including the computer documentation for reimbursement daily.
· Sell meal tickets to staff, family members and balance related cash box.
· Maintain file system for Resident and employee documents as well as the Records Storage Room.
· Provide personal assistance to Residents as required.
· Monitor all contractor and business professionals entering Hastings manor and ensure sign-in process is followed and visitor passes are issued.
· Be aware of any main floor hazardous situations and take the appropriate action to resolve.
· Ensure Resident Information Centers have updated information.
· Assist with resident admissions during vacations and period of absence.
· Act as parking officer and monitor parking areas.
· Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act and County Policies at all times.
· Be aware of and follow emergency response procedures including all practice drills.
· Be accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by Hastings Manor. This includes the mandatory reporting of alleged, suspected or witnessed abuse or neglect of a resident.
· Responsible for the sales of the tuck shop cart and work with the Recreation and Volunteer Services Coordinator for orders.
· Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Two year diploma in Office Administration or similar business related certificate; or Diploma in a Healthcare discipline.
- 1 – 2 years experience in an office environment, preferably in a Long Term Care setting dealing with seniors/frail elderly persons.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Point Click Care would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience and the ability to effectively communicate with residents, the public and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused on tasks with numerous interruptions.
· Must possess a current valid Driver’s License and have reliable transportation.
Salary Range: $38,988 - $45,599 per annum, plus 14% in lieu of benefits
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
CLOSING DATE: Friday, June 18, 2021 by 4pm
Please quote “2021-NON-HM-160 – “your name” in the subject line
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Contract length: 18 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-18
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $38,988.00-$45,599.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends