Become part of a dedicated team at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
$2,000 retention bonus - Pays $300 after 30 working days, $700 at seniority attainment, and $1,000 after 12 months of service.
Reasons you’ll love working at UPS:
- Earn more: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable paycheck when you work for UPS.
- Career development: Are you looking for an opportunity to grow in areas such as operations and other areas? Well, you’ve come to the right place. See where your UPS journey can take you!
- Benefits: At UPS we offer a range of benefits that include employee discounts, health care, and many more.
What will you do?
Are you a hardworking, fast-learner, offering superior customer service skills that would like to deliver packages that matter? We want you to join our team. We are hiring delivery drivers in the Ottawa area – although the role can be physically challenging and fast paced at times- the positive impact you have on our customers will leave you feeling rewarded each and every day.
- Wage: $17.00/hr
- 32.59 per hour top rate
- Paid weekly via direct deposit
- Paid training
- Employee discounts
- Benefits after 1 year of employment
- Start time between 8:00 AM and 10:00AM
- Finish time will vary daily depending on volume expect long days 8 to 10+ hours on a consistent basis.
- Monday to Friday 5 days a week
- Work hours are not guaranteed and depend on the days volume.
Location: 2281 Stevenage Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
Employment: Full Time Permanent Position
- Valid G License G or higher, issued in the province of Ontario.
- No at-fault accidents or more than 5 demerit points in the past three years prior to applying
- No tickets or moving violations in the past 12-months prior to applying
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance occasionally (handcart available) and 150 lbs. (68kg) with assistance
- Ability to read and navigate with map books
- Monthly union due
- One-time union initiation fee
- Criminal background record check
- Driver's Abstract
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Health and safety is our highest priority. UPS Canada is a federally regulated employer. The federal government has announced that it will propose regulations to make vaccination mandatory in all federally regulated workplaces in early 2022 Accordingly, you will be required to be fully vaccinated. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may request an accommodation due to a medical, religious, or other prohibited ground of discrimination as described in the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- COVID-19 vaccine certificate for being fully vaccinated? (required)