BuildAble - Accessible Design & Renovations is Canada’s only medically-managed construction & accessibility consulting company. We specialize in exceptional quality & award-winning designs & renovations that make a huge difference in our client’s day to day lives.
The BuildAble family is on the hunt for an enthusiastic, compassionate and extremely motivated Lead Carpenter/Renovator who is looking to grow with our team and do a lot of good!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- 5+ years of renovation/carpentry experience: skills from demo to finishing work required
- Accessible/Barrier-Free renovation experience an asset - bathrooms are a big component of what we do
- Solid understanding of OBC and ability to read prints
- Independently carry out detailed plans and scope of work
- Oversee subcontractors and labour team with extremely efficient time management
- Work collaboratively with all team members (internal & external)
- Professional in demeanour and appearance
- Compassion for clients with complex health needs or new injuries/disabilities. Our projects can often occur at a very stressful or transitional time for our clients – your attitude and support are crucial to everyone’s success.
As we assist many clients with physical disabilities, those with mobility-limiting illnesses (such as ALS or MS), or clients returning home after catastrophic Motor Vehicle Accidents; we require a Police Record Check - Vulnerable Sectors, upon hire.
Full Time, Permanent position. Compensation is hourly and based on experience.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusivity is one of BuildAble’s core values. We are always working towards creating a more diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, training, compensation and promotion regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. If you feel you meet most of our “Responsibilities & Qualifications” above – please apply!
If you do not believe in fundamental human rights and equity, please skip this application and continue to live in a cave. Many thanks!
Please send us your resume by email or indeed only.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $52,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
Strict policies in place. Proper PPE, hand washing/sanitizing and cleaning products supplied.
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 5 years (Required)