Publicis Re: Sources
Re: Sources is the shared services provider of Publicis Groupe, delivering a suite of multi-tenant managed and professional services to Publicis Groupe agencies worldwide, in support of key Groupe business operations. Those operations include: Information Technology & Technology Solutions, Finance, Legal, Procurement, Real Estate, Insurance and other services to our business units.
The purpose of this position is to provide 3rd-level operational support. This position requires excellent communication and problem solving skills along with project planning and project lead experience. Interaction with multiple project teams is paramount to the success of the candidate. The individual must possess an expert-level technical knowledge in the field of backup\server operations. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and self-reliant with a desire to learn.
This position is offered in a ''work from home'' environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Issues Management and Resolution:
- Analyze issues and formulate solutions
- Troubleshoot system, application and hardware issues
- Update the customer & service desk with status and resolution
- Use external information to research and resolve issues when needed
- Consistently update the ticket tracking system with status and fixes
- Ability to manage multiple issues, priorities and goals
- Document and adhere to all departmental standards, processes, and enterprise policies.
- Document processes and systems along with tracking of assets
- Perform backups and restores across multiple backup domains
- Perform configuration of hardware including disk drives, network interfaces, memory, processors, and peripherals.
- Perform installation and configuration of software including operating system, patches, and 3rd party products.
- Understanding of server network configuration; fiber channel, Ethernet, port turnking
- Design, Build and Configuration of new Hardware/Software
- Demonstrate sound written, oral and organizational skills
- Document solutions, systems and procedures
- Consistently share findings with peers utilizing corp. tools i.e. Yammer
- Identify and suggest process and/or procedure improvements
- Ability to follow documented commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Deliver personal, customer focused and professional service
- Works effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Attend and participate within team meetings and functions
- Lead meetings to discuss problems/solutions with stakeholders and peers
- Provide status and issue updates to managers and peers as required.
- Provide technical leadership, support and guidance to team members
- Participate or lead various IT projects
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Recommend and devise implementation strategies for products that are innovative
- Complete assigned tasks on time and accurately estimate duration of efforts
- Follow various processes (Change, Configuration, Release, etc.)
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Technology Tracking:
Gather knowledge of technology changes through training, conferences, textbooks, journals, case studies, and perform product evaluations
- Weekends – After Hour Work:
Must maintain a flexible schedule and be available to work non-standard business hours upon request or as needed
- On Call:
Must be available via cell phone/pager for issue resolution and assistance after hours via a published schedule
This position may involve some travel, estimated at < 5%
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS & EXPECTATIONS
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent program or IT experience required
- Advanced technical certification in field of expertise (i.e., MCSE, RHCE, LPIC)
- Minimum 10 yrs. of IT-related experience
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in field of expertise
- Experience as lead technician in field of expertise
- Experience in system design
- Knowledge of ITIL and CMM-driven best practices for IT processes
- Experience leading small projects
- Familiarity with Veritas Netbackup
- Successful completion of ITIL Foundations
- Knowledge of the Advertising and/or Marketing business a plus
- Networking, Active Directory a plus
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- system administration: 3 years (Required)