Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Director, Outreach & Product Services, the Northern Alberta Branch Coordinator is responsible for providing strategic guidance, coordination, and administrative support for APEGA’s five Northern Branch regions. This includes providing training and guidance to members, staff, and stakeholders across Alberta.
- Liaise with Branch Executive members to build relationships and ensure member engagement across Alberta
- Proactively build relationships with Branch Executive members through customer service, communication, and rapport.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Branch Executive members using tact and diplomacy.
- Ensure Branch initiatives are aligned with APEGA's Strategic Plan (providing support, guidance, and suggestions where required).
- Resolve conflicts and address potential and imminent risks pertaining to Branch Executive members and their roles, responsibilities, and actions.
- Assist, coordinate, and provide support for Branch Events to ensure consistent and high-quality events which encourage member engagement and often involve public visibility.
- Liaise with Branch Executive members on creating, initiating, and planning Branch events which increase member engagement and public visibility. Including (but not limited to): Professional Development seminars, monthly Luncheons, Golf Tournaments, and social events.
- Lead Branch Executive members in creating new events for Branch regions, ensuring alignment with APEGA's Strategic Initiatives and engaging key stakeholders as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for Branch events including (but not limited to) liaising with internal departments, internal/external vendors, and tracking registration.
- Ensure that APEGA is represented in a positive and professional manner to all stakeholders and providing a consistent source of information for all external parties.
- Demonstrate APEGA's commitment to superior customer service through public speaking, managing registration, resolving and avoiding conflicts, and soliciting feedback of all stakeholders (including: Branch Executives, members, permit holders, applicants, third-party vendors, staff, and the public).
- Coordinate logistics of meetings with Branch Executives to facilitate peer-to-peer learning, organizational standardization, and informal mentorship. Including (but not limited to): monthly executive meetings, Branch Chair Meetings, Branch Orientation, etc.
- Collaborate with the office of the Senior Advisor & Council Relations to provide support, as needed, to the President's Visits to the Branch regions.
- Coordinate Branch Annual General Meetings (and elections), including receiving nominations, minor vetting, election fairness, and preparation of candidate biographies.
- Provide day-to-day Branch administrative support to ensure that Branch processes, events, projects, and communications are consistent, timely, and transparent across the province.
- Identify potential and imminent risks and report to appropriate staff members and/or members of the ELC.
- Schedule and prepare agendas for quarterly Branch Chair Meetings and Branch Orientations.
- Record minutes for quarterly Branch Chair Meetings, distribute to appropriate parties, and follow-up on any action items.
- Create and maintain an internal Branch Event Calendar to provide visibility and improve communication across the organization.
- Be the main point of contact for Branch events (including: Branch Annual General Meetings, Luncheons, Professional Development, etc.) by responding to inquiries, informing relevant APEGA staff with information about the event, overseeing registration, and providing support for issues as they arise.
- Coordinate the recruitment, onboarding, and off-boarding processes of APEGA Branch Executives to facilitate the transfer of knowledge from one year to the next.
- Author and maintain public Branch documents including (but not limited to) the Branch Manual and Volunteer Position Descriptions.
- Train and assist Branch Treasurers to create and maintain accurate financial tracking and budgeting tools and reports
- Train and assist Branch Chairs to create and maintain Business Plans which align with APEGA’s Strategic Goals and actively engage local members.
- Collaborate with the Communications Department to plan, schedule, and implement branch-specific advertisements, newsletters, and notices.
- Compile metrics from Branch events to report trends and relationships to the Director, Outreach & Product Services
- Advocate for and educate about the Branches to APEGA staff and Council to ensure that member perspective is reflected in policies, procedures, and day-to-day operations.
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to plan and coordinate events
- Organizational and time management skills are necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas, project and process concepts, both orally and in writing, with ease and clarity
- Able to understand the direction/objectives of the association and align individual objectives accordingly
- Able to provide exceptional customer service, building an excellent working relationship with all stakeholders, including members, permit holders, applicants, third-party vendors, and staff
- Ability to develop consensus and engage stakeholders, secure co-operation and commitment from Branch Executives and other groups, working with a diverse group of people
- Able to communicate and ask questions when unsure
- Ability to approach tasks with tact and diplomacy
- Post-secondary diploma in related field
- 3-4 years of administrative and/or coordinator experience.
- Experience must include event coordination combined with administrative support responsibilities (agenda preparation, calendar management, etc.).
- Volunteer management experience is considered an asset.
- Equivalencies may be considered.
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf).
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary