POSITION: Service Coordinator (57-week, Contract Position)
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development and Sales
LOCATION: On-site at Instantel's corporate office in Ottawa, ON
Established in 1982, and now a business unit within Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Instantel is the global market leader in the design and production of vibration monitoring instrumentation. Our products are used worldwide, and applications include civil engineering, construction, environmental, mining, mining exploration, quarry, underwater, structural health, human annoyance, military, and noise.
The Service Coordinator is a crucial customer-facing and revenue-producing role within the organization; therefore, in addition to being responsible for achieving revenue targets for the Service Department, the successful candidate must possess important customer management skills. Additionally, it is required that the individual work at Instantel's corporate office (not a remote position).
- Act as the point person for Dealers and Customers regarding all aspects of the Service Department.
- Drive service revenue to achieve corporate targets.
- On a daily basis, coordinate Service Technicians to move to positions within the department to maximize flow (and revenue) of incoming service units.
- Ensure turn-time targets are overachieved, which is a key process for customer retention.
- Provide detailed forecasting, daily, monthly, and quarterly to the Director of Business Development and Sales.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports to assist with strategic decisions.
- Manage and respond to incoming service requests through email, phone, and website. Includes obtaining customer approvals for service work orders.
- For time-sensitive projects, ensure equipment that is expedited reaches customers on time.
- Prepare quotes for new equipment that qualify for trade-in programs.
- Maintain service parts pricelists.
- Creation of new Customer/Dealer accounts in the order entry system and performs credit checks when necessary. Work with the Finance Department to resolve credit issues when they arise.
- Maintain return merchandise authorization (RMA) database information.
- Suggest and drive implementation of improvements to the Service Department if necessary.
- When required, provide support for the Sales Administrator. Will be required to fully step into this role to backfill vacations, etc.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a Service support role interacting with Distributors and customers daily.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on completing all tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinking, innovative creativity, analytical and superior organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and build confidence in customer relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with a focus on Microsoft Word, Excel, SAP.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is an asset.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Experience with technical products and services is preferred.
- University or college education is preferred.
- Highly self-motivated.
- A self-starter with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as work well in a team environment.
- Ability to get results in an environment where interruptions may occur.
- Friendly and confident when interacting with Dealers and Customers.
- A personal commitment to responding promptly to Dealer and Customer requirements and needs, including follow-up to ensure issues are addressed to the Dealer's and Customer's satisfaction.
Note: This description is to be used as a guide and covers only the primary responsibilities and tasks of the job. It is in no way an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Type of employment: Contract for 57-weeks (40 Hrs/wk), (to fill in for maternity leave). There will be approximately a one-month overlap time with the existing employee to maximize training efficiency.
Stanley Black & Decker believes in giving applicants an equal opportunity to succeed on their own merit. We strive to hire employees that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of employees and our communities. We remain committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environments. We know that diversity underpins excellence and that we all share responsibility for creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. Therefore, in pursuit of our values, we seek employees who will work respectfully and constructively with differences across the organizational hierarchy in actualizing SBD's priorities, goals and principles of equity and inclusivity. If accommodation is required at any point in the recruitment process, please contact a member of our Recruitment Team. Please note that as part of our recruitment process, candidates in the final stages will be required to complete a background check which may include criminal background, credit and driver's abstract check.
Contract length: 57 weeks
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday