Niagara Falls, on
Niagara Hospitality Hotels is a boutique hotel and restaurant company operating in Niagara Falls, Canada. Established in 1995, our philosophy is to offer the friendliest service and the best value for our guests.
We are looking for an experienced, resourceful, hands on Maintenance Manager to perform all functions necessary to ensure that all building systems, assets, guest rooms, public space, operating equipment and ground are kept well maintained to maximize the guest experience.
The intention is that all aspects of the Building Engineer's role will be in concert with Property Management and the Managing Director of the company. The Building Engineer is to keep Property Management of the Hotel informed and develop sufficient knowledge in all aspects of the operation of the building.
POSITION: Building Engineer / Maintenance Manager
REPORTS TO: Property Management
- Oversee all life safety equipment and monitoring in accordance to regulations and codes.
- Oversee the regular maintenance of all elevator systems including programming and accordance to regulations and codes.
- Maintain the building to the satisfaction of the Managing Director, Property Management, and guests
- Conduct all requirements as per building insurance, including 3rd party assessments and appraisals.
- Participate in hotel department head meetings.
- Provide timely response to requests by guests and hotel staff, including repairs or replacement of interior fixtures and furnishings.
- Prioritize and schedule maintenance staff to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Complete required monthly reporting.
- Investigate and diagnose hotel and restaurant building system malfunctions or inquires.
- Investigate and diagnose restaurant and retail building system malfunctions or inquires.
- Oversee the operation of the base building HVAC equipment to ensure the comfort of the guests, and staff
- Implement and maintain a Preventative Maintenance Program to reduce emergency repairs and equipment downtime.
- Implement an inventory of parts to reduce equipment downtime. Consider options to expedite repairs.
- Preparation and implementation of an Annual Plan to ensure effective completion of regular maintenance and capital projects. Monthly reporting of work completed.
- Ensure that the building and all work comply with up-to-date building codes, such as but not limited to fire, electrical, plumbing as per municipal, provincial and government regulations.
- Project management of special projects and capital projects.
- Oversee the regular maintenance of the building exterior and grounds and interior.
- Prepare annual budgets for wages, building maintenance, capital projects
- Oversee and administer control of the budget to ensure quality standards and pricing of vendors and contractors. Maintaining adequate inventory of parts, supplies and tools.
- Preparation of monthly variance reports with explanation of deficit and surplus line items.
- Review contractual agreements with outside contractors, vendors and service providers for financial benefits without affecting quality standards.
- Obtain at least two quotes from contractors, suppliers and vendors.
- Prepare purchase orders and review invoices
- Conduct performance appraisals (PA) for engineering staff.
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings.
- Administer payroll and schedules for engineering department.
- Oversee personnel issues related to engineering department.
- Conduct training of engineering staff
- Report quarterly on departmental goals for personnel, product and profit.
- Participate in the hotel’s Joint Health & Safety Committee as a Certified Member.
- Post-secondary education in building operations or a combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable experience in all aspects of building operations and maintenance, including the operation of HVAC and environmental control systems.
- Considerable experience supervising in the field of building maintenance.
- Considerable experience motivating, leading, training and managing staff in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment.
- Advanced knowledge in managing preventive maintenance programs.
- Fundamental knowledge of relevant legislation in the area of Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHIMIS, etc.
- General knowledge of quality improvement and risk management principles and processes.
- Proficient in the use of various computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at a management level.
-Ability and desire to work the hours necessary to ensure success
- Hotel or Building Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Hotel or Building Maintenance Management: 5 years (Preferred)