Lower Elementary Montessori Teacher Required for Westney Campus
To start Fall 2020
Hours 8:15 – 4:30
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Lower Elementary Teaching diploma/certificate.
- Passion for the Montessori philosophy; excellence communicating this philosophy to parents and community
- Ability and interest in working as a team with families and colleagues
Willingness to serve as a resource and guide, assisting in the child's adventure towards life-long learning.
- The right candidate should have strong leadership qualities, enjoy taking initiative, possess diplomatic communication skills in difficult circumstances, and have experience teaching Montessori Elementary students. Genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families
- Understand and implement Montessori pedagogy and initiative to do and bring new things to the classroom and school.
- Must be able to host parent evenings, such as Science fairs, mother day tea and similar events. Must be able to independently write report cards.
- excellent classroom, time management and organizational skills
- The ability to implement a Montessori curriculum utilizing AMS, NCME, AMI or another recognized developmentally appropriate Montessori practice; planning the daily curriculum; facilitating student growth in developmental, academic and cognitive domains by promoting student participation in the learning experience; establishing strong positive relationships with parents, children and staff.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32,600.00-$45,600.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
To keep our teaching staff as safe as possible we are following strict covid safety protocols. This includes in-class safety barriers for teachers, and children. Screening before entering the school and disinfecting protocols.
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Montessori Certification (Required)