Stamped Engineering Corporation offers our clients superior engineering consulting services that are fit for purpose. As we expand our team we are looking for individuals that have extensive knowledge, and experience in their field of expertise. We encourage every team member to be the best versions of themselves at work, home and play.
Currently we are looking to add an experienced Mechanical Engineers to our team.
Typical Job Duties
- Perform mechanical calculations and develop work packages and engineering documents
- Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g. drawings, specifications, analysis) comply with all applicable regulations, standards, codes, etc.
- Design and preparation of contract documents for the following stems: HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building system controls.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance.
- Research, design and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, while applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Review, evaluate, and improve upon engineering schematics and specifications.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Verify and validate engineering designs by testing protocols and analyzing statistical data
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that the design and specifications are accurate and that the project will be successful.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, schematics and computer-generated reports
- Ensure project designs are fit for purpose, on time and on budget as per the client’s expectations
- Participate in project and client meetings as required.
- Stamp mechanical drawings upon completion of design
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of direct work experience with production systems, regulations, guidelines and associated standards.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas and/or Manufacturing industries is preferred.
- Active P.Eng with APEGA with the ability to stamp engineering drawings
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Superior ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships including strong collaboration skills.
- Solid background in machine design as it relates to motion controls, switches, valves, motors, panel writing, cylinders and so on.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into machines to ensure that the organization is meeting its high-quality goals and objectives.
- Customer-focuses perspective evidenced by a commitment to meet and exceed the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced mathematical skills, such as calculus and differential equations.
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with ambiguity, evidenced by the agility to respond to shifting priorities and effectively cope with change.
- Superior technical problem-solving skills and sound judgement, demonstrated by an ability to make valuable and expedient decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom and experience.
- Superior planning skills and attention to detail, including the ability to set objectives and goals, anticipate multiple, competing demands while maintaining schedules and meeting timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants that submit their resumes however only those that meet our current requirements will be contacted. All resumes will stay on file for one year from the date of submission and applicants will be contacted if their qualifications meet future requirements.
Job Type: Contract
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- P.Eng in Alberta (Required)