Lockside is currently seeking the right individual to help with our growing needs & clientele at our Haliburton location. Increasing our furniture sales and keeping up our great reputation. With a small business atmosphere, you will always be involved in the business growing, with hands on experience.
Lockside Trading Company is more than just shopping… it’s a destination. A way of life since 1987, it’ the place where friends and family have been meeting for 33 years. Being one of the most popular destinations in Cottage Country all year round. With the two locations, Young’s Point in the heart of the Kawarthas, and in the Haliburton Highlands, located downtown Haliburton.
With over 100,000 people stopping in yearly, it is a designated as an Ontario Major Attraction offering one of a kind shopping experience. Both locations offer a mix of home décor to help you create a warm and inviting atmosphere in which to sit back, relax, and entertain in. The stores’ selections are in constant change throughout the seasons, offering a multitude of choice from quality furniture, lighting, home décor, mattresses, bedding, casual clothing, great giftware plus everything in between.
Lockside is dedicated in supporting Canadians by sourcing and offering Canadian Made products at great pricing and superior quality. Specializing in custom Canadian made furniture, knowing the importance of keeping it local and supporting our fellow Canadians.
As a multi-national award-winning retailer, Lockside sets itself apart from the rest with top-notch service from the beginning of your shopping experience to the end. From buying the right light, to helping you with turnkey projects. Offering a successful Interior Design Service that covers everything for your home, cottage, and commercial space. Our dedicated staff and quality products, Lockside caters to customers on any budget, in any location, with any look and style. Offering complimentary interior design when purchasing furniture and lighting, having all your design needs under one-roof. This service includes in-store and on-site consultations, room layouts, color, fabric selections and much more. It is a service that works with the customer, giving them direction and confidence to create a living space that they dream of. Also carrying Hunter Douglas window treatments, floor coverings, and many lines of furniture for you to come in and experience.
· Organized and efficient
· Retail Sales in Furniture, Home Décor, Lighting, Window & Floor treatments, and Clothing.
· Customer Service (In-store, off site, e-mails, social media, etc.) maintaining the store’s reputation
· Providing exceptional customer service, increasing sales, and build lasting relationships with customers.
· Offering Interior Design advice, helping clients to achieve the look they want in there living space with the right products from Lockside.
· Prepare quotations and presentation for clients.
· Finding and working with trades through Lockside (contractors, realtors, designers, etc.)
· Store merchandising, pricing, POS System, and inventory control.
· Updating design center (fabrics & color samples, catalogs, pricing, etc.)
· Marketing and promoting Haliburton location (social media, online, networking, etc.)
· Must be out-going, friendly, and self-motivated.
· Attention to detail and highly motivated.
· Retail Sales experience
· Interior Design experience
· Management experience
· Furniture and Home Decor experience
· Excellent customer service
· Effective communication skills
· Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects at a time
· Desire to acquire information for clientele and business
· Willing to constantly learn product knowledge and gain expertise on what Lockside can offer
· Professionalism and teamwork skills
· Ability to handle multiple customers / jobs in a fast-paced environment
· Flexible working hours weekdays and weekends
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Employee stock purchase plan
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Lockside has a COVID-19 Saftey Plan following all Health and Saftey Guidlines.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- driver licence (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place