POSITION TITLE: CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR- LETHBRIDGE & AREA (SOCIAL WORK - Part Time - 28 Hrs)
- PURPOSE OF POSITION:
You are asked to provide support, education, information and referral to individuals living with Parkinson disease, to allied health professionals and to the general population. You will also help to establish the society as a community resource in Lethbridge and area (Taber, Crowsnest Pass, Pincher Creek, Fort McLeod, Cardston).
III. REPORTS TO:
Client Services Manager
A degree or diploma in Social Sciences or a combination of work and education
- Related experience in the non-profit sector
- Excellent communication and strong organizational skills
- Computer literate in MS Office applications
- Must have a class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Assessment of individual with PD or caregiver to ensure that they meet eligibility criteria for support group(s)
- Plan content, format, and snack (optional) for each meeting but be flexible to meet needs
- Coordinate facilities, dates and times and inform participants
- Enlist the help of volunteers for set up and take down (if possible)
- Build rapport with group members, establish trust within the group
- Evaluate the groups annually
- Get feedback on what the participants want within the groups
- Organize speakers or special events
- Follow up on any concerns or tasks that were brought up during the meeting
- Keep sufficient record of discussion at the meeting and of how successful the topic was
- Supervision and support to contract facilitator
- Risk assessment protocol respected for home visits
- Plan with individual time and place
- Establish a purpose to the meeting
- Bring supportive material
- Use listening skills to explore issues, summarize understanding and provide appropriate intervention whether that be information or referral
- Complete an assessment form
- Follow up with client to ensure positive outcome
- Get all of the details (who, what, where, when, how much)
- Design the presentation if necessary or prepare to deliver pre-existing material
- Provide to appropriate resources to audience
- Deliver presentation
- Provide evaluation form or follow up with facility coordinator within an appropriate length of time
- Fill out display request form
- Tally the amount of participants to the display
- Seek out opportunities in the community
- Be present or have volunteers ready with the fanner
- Provide statistical information
Information and referral:
- Provide to interested people an information package
- Respond to inquiries and refer to appropriate materials or community resources and give direction on accessing
- Website – review and inform website contact at PAA
- Contribute to the bi-monthly newsletter
- Keep inventory of materials and access new material through networking with community professionals
- Follow up to ensure positive outcomes following intervention.
- Attend professional workshops as needed i.e. CPP Disability
- Attend and contribute to the Client Service’s teleconference meetings and PAA staff meetings
- Teach our members self advocacy skills, techniques
- Be aware of PD advocacy issues and report to the CEO
- Follow PAA advocacy guidelines
- Advocate on behalf and in partnership with clients when the situation warrants
- Participate in coalitions or committees when required
Recreation Programs / Social Events / Educational Events:
- Plan, implement and coordinate events based on sufficient client numbers (needs expressed)
- Orientate before and provide direction during, to volunteers or any other assisting staff
- Develop community relationship with other recreation, health services and leisure facilities and organizations
- Increase awareness of available recreational and health services programming
- Evaluate the outcomes from the program or event
- Maintain equipment and supplies for the programs
- Work in collaboration with the Manager of CS
- Organize a client Christmas party
- Collaborate in developing and implementing new programs as determined by the strategic plan
- Support regions with brochures and posters when needed
- Create Client Service promotional materials
- Establish set office hours
- Report client statistical information.
- Gather feedback from all programs and services and forward summaries to the Manager of CS and / or CEO
- Complete and submit time sheets and expense reports within the first three days of the subsequent month and forward to Accounting
- Perform required administrative duties pertaining to confidential client files and pertaining to event coordination
Fund Development Support:
- Support Fund Development Team at major fund-raising events in the local area
- Promote events at support groups
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Planning and organizing: plans activities ahead of time, sets priorities, anticipates resources, flexible to meet the requirements of the event.
- Strategic Planning: input and business plan development.
- Follow up: continually aware of work status, adheres to time schedules, meets commitments.
- Ideas and approaches: suggests improvements, tries new approaches, willing to experiment and take educated and positive risks.
- Leadership: motivates, guides, promotes, stimulates cooperation, delegates appropriately.
- Communications: verbal skills, written skills, understands, follows direction, takes initiative to communicate, respects confidentiality of all client information.
- Collaboration: share ideas, open to other ideas, focused on objectives
- Work with others: relationship with volunteers, supervisor, peers and other organizations (networking)
- Development: maintains awareness and knowledge of Parkinson disease, research, community resources, seeks additional knowledge and skills.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
Email: paajobs at parkinsonassociation.ca
Mail: Parkinson Association of Alberta – Head Office
Attention: Human Resources
120, 6835 Railway St. SE
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Parkinson Association of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time