We are currently hiring Dietary Aides - Part-time and Casual Call-in
The County of Simcoe is one of the largest employers in the region. We provide a diverse and dynamic workplace. The County of Simcoe is responsible for a range of municipal services which include social housing, land ambulance and emergency planning, environmental services (solid waste management), a County road system, Ontario Works, children's services, homes for the aged, a library co-operative, museum, archives, County forest management, tourism, a Geographic Information System (computer mapping), and land use policy planning
The Dietary Aide is responsible for providing a variety of duties related to the service of foods and the routine cleaning of food services areas in accordance with the policies of the Home and applicable legislation. As a valued member of Long Term Care Services, demonstrate a commitment to Resident Safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization’s mission and vision.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation and handling principles obtained through the enrolment or completion of a Food Service Worker training program at an established college as listed in the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002 or a registered private career college in Ontario.
- Successful completion of the Food Service Worker training program must occur within three (3) years of being hired. Tuition Assistance available.
- Completion of the Food Handler/Proton Training Program.
- Basic ability to follow oral and written instructions and to communicate with residents and staff. A minimum of 6 months experience in a similar or related position preferred.
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the Apply button at the top or visit our Careers page at simcoe.ca/jobs
The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $19.52 /hour
- dietary: 1 year (Preferred)