Job ID: TSSEDM1908
At Univar, we believe our culture is second to none. Imagine the stability of a multi-national corporation, with the comradery of a start-up. We foster a friendly, welcoming, high-performance environment where every idea and initiative is given the respect and attention it deserves. We’re proud to offer our employees:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Medical/dental benefits
- Industry leading pension plan
- Bonus opportunities
- Paid training and development programs at every level
- Global career advancement and mentoring opportunities
- Education allowance
Our team is successful due to our mix of diverse backgrounds, education, experience and careers, and we are proud to be included on the Alberta Top 70 Employer list and a recipient of Canada’s Safest Employer award!
About the position
Reporting to the Technical Sales Manager, the Technical Sales Specialist will develop and execute annual sales plans for specialty chemicals related to natural gas processing; heat transfer fluids, molecular sieve and silica gels, activated alumina, specialty adsorbents and selective amines. In addition to technical support and sales, the incumbent will manage a geographic sales territory in Northern Alberta and/or British Columbia.
What you’ll do
- Provide product support, system optimizations, on site troubleshooting and handle customer inquiries with Account Managers, Customer Service and Sales Management.
- Work with specialty chemical suppliers for product and application development.
- Customer sample data tracking, trending and follow-up on recommendations.
- Prepare customer value add service reports and ensure internal KPIs are met.
- Oversee technical literature and internal sales team training to increase technical competence for natural gas processing.
- Lead customer opportunities and RFPs for specialty products; negotiate pricing, develop marketing strategy and submission of RFP.
- Organize and lead customer training seminars.
- Opportunity development with local engineering firms.
- Provide weekly activity report to Sales Manager
- Regular field travel within Northern Alberta and British Columbia is required. (50%)
What we would like from you
- 2-3 years of experience in technical sales or marketing.
- Post-secondary training in chemical science, chemical or petroleum engineering.
- Possess excellent people skills and can relate to individuals at all levels.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills, competitive and creative with the ability to motivate and delegate effectively.
What do we do?
Univar is a leading global chemical distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals, food ingredients and related products and services. Our wide Canadian distribution network, with locations coast-to-coast, helps guarantee fast, reliable service to Univar’s customers. Across North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and Latin America, our nearly 9,000 employees serve over 100,000 customers, representing nearly every major industry and a highly diverse set of end markets.
Safety is our top priority, the foundation for all aspects of our global business operations. Safe transport and storage of products, safe operational practices and safe working conditions enable us to protect our employees, customers, suppliers and the environment.
To read more about our successes and what we do, please visit: www.univar.com
Sounds awesome? Here’s how you apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format by email. Indicate the job identification number in the subject line of your email. Please note; all candidates are subject to background and reference checks.
Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Univar!
Job Type: Full-time