Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Controller will direct and oversee the accounting operations, financial modeling, administrative and transactional support, and the financial services of Stewart Farms. He or she will create and maintain efficient and effective financial policies and procedures and ensure adherence with all internal and external controls. The scope of this role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Financial & admin duties
- Support the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, and investment activities of the organization.
- Supervise and train employees responsible for activities in areas such as accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, record keeping, data entry, and collection activities for the organization.
- Create accounting and bookkeeping procedures to direct administrative personnel.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for budget administration, cash and credit management, and financial reporting.
- Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, financial forecasts, budgets, and reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Present monthly financial updates to the executive leadership; advise on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Legal, HR and Finance Document management.
- Other Duties as directed by the executive team.
- Manage and prepare all grant & lending program applications.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with grant & loan regulations.
- Maintain relations with key personnel
- Maintain all investors documents in confidence
- Manage monthly investor reporting
- Support CEO in all investor administration activities
- Represent and manage the company’s banking and lending relationships
- Front facing lead on all lender relationships
- 10+ years of experience in progressive accounting/finance roles
- Accounting designation
- Experience scaling a Startup
- IFRS accounting standards experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with ERP software would be an asset
- Grant writing and loan applications
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations- owns mistakes
- Health and wellness oriented
- Good humored and energetic
- Ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
- Time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and collaborate on projects
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Excels under pressure
- Passionate about helping people live better lives
This is a full-time position based in St. Stephen, New Brunswick.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Stewart Farms!
Job Type: Full-time
- St. Stephen, NB (Preferred)
- English (Required)