Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you will do
As the VP, Merchandising Strategy, Planning and Allocation, you will find yourself playing a strategic role to bring alive our work, learn, grow promise to our customers. In this role, you will lead the successful development, execution and communication of the merchandising sales, gross margin and inventory plans. You will shape space and assortment planning to ensure alignment with our targeted customer segments and collaborate with Merchandising leadership team to refine pricing strategy to maximize sales and profitability. You will work with the Buying and Sourcing teams to facilitate the growth of Private Label and Direct source product. You will lead Merchandise operations, standardizing best practices and optimizing process and systems. With a large scope of impact and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders, each day will be fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead Merchandise Financial Planning and Analytics Team to building the Sales, Margin, Inventory and Turns plans for the business
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Finance to ensure financial plans and forecasts align with company objectives
- Work with key stakeholders to build Pricing Strategy that supports all aspects of the product life cycle and facilitates profitable sales growth
- Oversee the Space Planning team in executing Macro, Micro and Assortment Optimization programs
- Facilitate the growth of Private Label / Direct Source product by leveraging sourcing offices, third parties and internal resources to increase penetration
- Oversee inventory management and replenishment functions to ensure optimal inventory turns and in stock levels
- Ensure merchandise systems and process are optimized to best support business objectives and the needs of the merchandising organization
Some of what you need
- 10-15 years prior experience in retail planning & allocation, with proven experience in a senior leadership role. Vertical retail experience is an asset.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen.
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly, motivated, and entrepreneurial. Ability to act as both a “player” and a “coach”
- Ability to negotiate with and influence peers, members of a cross-functional team and senior management
- Solutions finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
- Position requires some travel across Canada and USA
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.