Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated , driven , and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience, advancement on a growing team.
The Manager, Procurement is a results-driven team player who will support our corporate teams in Canada and the US to develop and execute strategies for key categories of spend. In this role you will work closely with multiple leadership levels within our company primarily focusing on our IT category. Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to: vendor selection, guiding the RFP/RFI process, contract negotiation and management, category strategy development, stakeholder management, and value analysis.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment building category strategies that both create efficiencies and generate value for the organization. Excellent negotiation and analytical skills are necessary. The ability to multi-task, prioritize work activities, and effectively communicate at all levels within the organization will be critical. This role will require the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and may supervise and mentor junior staff.
This is an exciting, challenging, multi-faceted position with the opportunity to reach into many different areas in an ever-evolving long standing company in the insurance industry. This role will be based out of our Executive Office in Winnipeg.
- Support the definition and development of strategy for supplier programs based on business need
- Support the development by which suppliers are evaluated, selected and managed in accordance with established guidelines and best practices
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the drafting and negotiation of corporate agreements with suppliers to manage terms, cost, schedule, and performance.
- Develop and maintain appropriate business relationships
- Collaboratively work closely with relevant stakeholders to manage supplier performance and compliance against contract terms and conditions, key performance indicators (KPI’s) and service level agreements (SLA’s)
- Understand and anticipate market trends to guide the company in supply-chain management
- Ensure appropriate action plans are in place to identify and to address supplier issues / risks
- Be the key liaison / escalation point between the company and the supplier in managing communications, problem solving between the supplier and the company
- Ensure operational readiness with respect to suppliers and Catastrophe / Business Continuity Plan components
- Perform other duties as assigned
- University degree (preferably in business administration) and 6+ years in related experience is preferred – a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience working with IT vendors and knowledge of technologies (Hardware, Software, Services, Telecom)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, issue resolution, contract negotiation, and relationship management
- Knowledge of the P&C insurance industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills including facilitation, consultation, negotiation, persuasion and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, mitigate, and resolve conflicts
- Proven ability to influence change is critical
- ITIL / SCMP accreditation would be an asset
- Some travel required (based on business need)
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful , challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.