Digital Shovel is growing tech manufacturing company, seeking an experienced, energetic and outgoing Bookkeeper / Administrative assistant to join our vibrant and diverse team!
Our company is a tech company with a complete in-house research development team, as well as an established 20,000 sq ft manufacturing facility. Located near Port Union and 401, we are easily accessible by car, as well TTC.
The position covers the role of both general bookkeeping and simple HR, as well as some administrative assistant type tasks. We are looking for someone that works well with others, is a self starter, can work in a face paced yet relaxed environment, and can take initiative and handle projects end-to-end.
Qualified candidates should be familiar with:
- Recording daily financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments using Sage50 and Quickbooks
- HST & Payroll prep, filing and remittance
- WSIB account, claim and process management
- General light duty HR tasks (Job Letters, etc)
- Processing government employment and training subsidy forms
- General Admin/Exec Assistant type task (Schedule management, task follow, travel book [one day])
- GoogleDocs, GoogleSheets, etc, and other web based platforms
- an overall intermediate to advanced level of tech savviness
You will have your own office with a door and will not be working in close proximity of anyone else. Our company follows Covid-19 policies, including providing (but not mandatory) face masks, disinfectant on all work stations, and of course- social distancing.
Interviews will be performed in a large board room where the interviewer will be 3m away, and the chairs and table will be disinfected before and after each appointment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $42,500.00 - $48,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Bookkeeping: 4 years (Required)
- Basic HR: 2 years (Required)
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sage50 or Quickbooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail