Surgery - Oncology Clinic
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
- Current or recent clinical experience of at least two years in Oncology Nursing and Chemotherapy Administration.
- Current or recent experience in a broad range of medical nursing including infusion and transfusion therapy.
- Vascular access devices skills an asset.
- Current certificate and excellent intravenous skills essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of palliative care.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment and patient/family teaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Preference will be given to candidates with current oncology and chemotherapy nursing care experience and who have completed or are enrolled in the DeSouza Chemotherapy and Biotherapy course.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with, or enrolled in, post diploma course in Oncology, IV Therapy or Chemotherapy.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality, performance and availability required.
Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #201797. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe and respectful place for everyone to visit, work and receive care. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.