Nicon Developments Limited is a Canadian controlled private corporation, established in 1976 that takes pride in constructing new homes. Nicon builds single family spec homes, custom homes and residential multi-family homes all over Vancouver Island
We are looking for a full-time Accountant / Office Manager to join our team as soon as possible at the Duncan BC Office.
Salary commensurate with experience and abilities.
- Data input of sales, cash receipts and disbursements
- General ledger reconciliations including bank accounts, credit cards and clearing accounts
- Bank deposits
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Payroll administration and reconciliation
- Understanding, preparing and remitting GST, source deductions, WCB, corporate tax and EHT
- Preparing reports for management
- Coordinating with and assisting external accountants
- Oversee internal office administration and coordination
- Oversight and update of websites and social media feeds
- All other administrative duties as assigned
Required experience & skills
- Experience with A/P, A/R, bank & G/L reconciliation, payroll, inventory and job costing
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Word, Outlook
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Strong English written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent computer skills and ability to adapt to new software systems.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
Preferred experience & skills
- Post-secondary accreditation in accounting
- Experience with Sage 50 accounting program
- Bookkeeping experience: 5 years or more
- Website development.
- Computer Technology Experience
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those best suited to our current needs and qualifications will be contacted.
Posting closes June 24th, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Office Management: 5 years (Preferred)