Location: Sparwood, British Columbia & Elkford, British Columbia, CA
Are you ready to take the next step in your human resources career? At Teck, Canada's largest diversified mining company, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally at one of our four steelmaking coal sites in B.C.'s Elk Valley.
In this role, you'll report to the Human Resources Superintendent and provide a broad range of on-site human resources services to support over 1,000+ union & non-union employees. You will work closely with senior management, being supported by passionate leadership. If you thrive in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment, this is the role for you!
Your flexible schedule will include:
- Compressed work-week with alternating Fridays off for plenty of time for both work and play.
Your competitive compensation package will include:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Retirement Package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- $1,000 Healthy Lifestyle Account
As the Human Resources (HR) Advisor, each day will be unique as you provide full-cycle HR support to our operations. This is a meaningful role where every day involves fostering relationships at our operations site. You will be responsible for managing all human resources processes, including employee/labour relations, talent management, workplace investigations, and performance management.
We are seeking someone with experience in labour relations and outstanding organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands are important for success.
Join our team, and you'll quickly discover that we're one of Canada's Top 100 Employers because of our proven dedication to our people.
Your Work Location:
The position is located on-site at Teck operations, and the ability to reliably commute or relocate near Sparwood, B.C is necessary. Situated in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, you will find endless outdoor adventure mixed with small town charm. Here, there is something for everyone from friendly locals, great community arts and culture, to non-stop recreational activities.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support and assist operational departments as an integral part of the HR team in the rollout and administration of all HR programs
- Apply labour relations knowledge to address issues arising in a unionized work environment
- Coordinate recruitment approvals for client groups
- Guide employees on the application of company policies
- Participate in succession and development initiatives
- Conduct training for leaders through group presentations and one on one mentoring
- Provide guidance on salary and benefits
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Commerce, or equivalent field
- Minimum two years related human resources experience within a company of a minimum 1,000 employees.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is preferred
- Strong digital literacy, in particular the Microsoft Office Suite®
- Knowledge of Employment Standards and legislation is an asset
This role is also commonly known as: HR Advisor, Employee and Labour Relations Specialist, Senior Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Coordinator, Labour Relations Specialist
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
Job Segment: HR Generalist, Coal Mining, HR, Performance Management, Human Resources, Mining
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$99,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person