Passionate about puns? Excited by literature? Eager to help students succeed in French?
Gain valuable teaching experience! Oxford Learning Calgary West is currently seeking part-time teacher-tutors for a role in our learning centre. This position is perfect for anyone who loves working with students, enjoys teaching the ins and outs of language, and is passionate about helping others build their skills in this area.
Teacher-Tutors at Oxford Learning do not have to lesson plan before class, as all lessons are pre-planned. Applicants will be fully trained in our proprietary philosophy and methods.
All Teacher-Tutors at Oxford Learning work during after-school and evening hours (4:00 pm - 7:00pm) as well as some Saturdays (10:00am - 1:00pm). A commitment until the end of the term in June is preferred. Continuing through the summer is even better. Your students will love working with you, and being reliable is a must.
This role is in-person. You must be able to commute to this location. This is not an online position. Vulnerable sector screening is mandatory.
We encourage you to apply if you have the majority of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar certification in a relevant field
- University students with extensive tutoring experience will be considered
- Teaching certification an asset
- Good knowledge of the current Kindergarten to Grade 8 curriculum
- Some experience teaching/tutoring at a Kindergarten to Grade 8 (or equivalent) level
- Strong French as well as English written and oral communication skills and ability to guide students' understanding
- Ability to multitask and balance working with up to three students at a time
- Some classes will be taught in French
Responsibilities (Position Details)
You will work directly with students as an Interactive Coach with the following responsibilities:
- Teaching up to 3 students at a time at different levels
- Teaching online and in-person
- Following the Oxford Learning methodologies and philosophies
- Filling in post-lesson notes
- Completing daily student communication updates
- Maintaining a friendly and professional manner at all times
Smiles, High-Fives & Happy Students
In this position, you will play a key role in helping students develop their self-confidence and self-esteem. The rewards of helping children overcome academic hurdles and realize their inner potential can be very fulfilling. You will be rewarded with smiling faces and high-fives during every shift. Other rewards of the role include:
- ongoing training opportunities
- frequent check-ins and feedback
- company growth opportunities
- hands-on development of your teaching skills
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17 / hour
- Monday to Thursday
- Saturday availability
About Oxford Learning
Oxford Learning is a Canadian supplemental education provider helping students get better grades since 1984. Offering a full range of programs for students of all ages and abilities, Oxford Learning uses the science of cognitive learning to help all students develop stronger learning skills they can rely on for life!
Are you the superstar teacher-tutor we have been searching for? Apply now!
Oxford Learning Calgary West
6404 Old Banff Coach Road S.W., Calgary, AB
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the team at Oxford Learning Calgary West. However, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.