Dusano is looking to expand our team of highly skilled professionals and is currently looking for a Junior Construction Estimator to join our team. We are looking for candidates with positive energy and enthusiasm, who can thrive in a fast paced, fun, team-oriented environment.
Who is Dusano?
We are a group of highly talented, and aggressively game changing men and women whom quietly flew under the radar, until now, to build one of the Countries newest and most successful Construction, Renovation and Mechanical businesses, ever.
Our diversity, hunger and capabilities, coupled with our technologically advanced skills are disrupting service industries that haven’t changed in decades. We are the new blood, and we work hard to provide an unmatched service and value to all our highly successful partners.
About the Role
The Junior Construction Estimator will work out of the Edmonton location and report to the Vice President, Construction. The Junior Construction Estimator willwork with the Design, Procurement and Construction team to provide custom pricing and pre-approved pricing as well asestimate work of projects by assembling proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gain a deep understanding of the project requirements – design and site details
- Select, measure, and track important metrics
- Visit sites and other venues necessary to do the estimates
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts and variance explanations
- Prepare estimates for management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Perform in-depth analysis of cost reports to include forecast analysis and variance explanations
- Create and present reports to management
- Analyze and evaluate offers
- Assist senior management in establishing best practices and procedures
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key vendors
- Coordinate with warehouse staff
Requirements and Qualifications
- 4-7 years’ progressive experience in an Estimator role
- Proven ability to understand Construction projects
- Experience in the commercial/multi-family Renovation/Construction industry required
- Experience dealing with Operations Managers, General Contractors, and Designers
- Solid knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Knowledgeable of key principles involved in bid preparation, including but not limited to take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures
- Experience with Chief Architect software required
- Experience with AutoCAD considered an asset
- Ability to use online applications
- Experience with Google Suite
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Soft Skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
Why join Dusano?
You become a member of an incredibly supportive team and contribute to one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. You become a part of a team of individuals whom didn't just raise the bar; we built a structure nearly impossible to climb, and mounted it firmly at the top.
We take care of our own, and constantly evolve to help others.
Representing our brand takes pride, excellence and a different level of expertise, and we want the best this country has to offer, so some of the perks of being chosen for our team to highlight your skills are:
- Platinum Health and Dental Plans
- Paid Vacation
- Succession plans catered to you and your future
That’s just a start...
Be proud of what you have to offer, save the humble actions for strangers, and contact us to ask about our openings by:
- Submitting a cover letter or Email introduction
- Contact through our social media (Facebook and LinkedIn page: Dusano, and Instagram @Dusano.Official)
Dusano Head Office
7020 Farrell Road SE
Calgary, AB T2H 0T2
This is a fast-paced environment with constantly changing demands from our clients. If you feel you meet the above requirements, please apply with resume and cover letter to be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Commercial/Multi-Family Renovation/Construction: 3 years (Required)
- Construction Estimating: 4 years (Required)
- Chief Architect Software: 1 year (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- English (Required)