Are you ready to work for a more active world?
At Bioventus, our business depends on developing our people. We invest in you and challenge you to be the best. We value our colleagues for their different perspectives and individual contributions, and our leaders listen. Our success rests on working together to achieve shared goals and rewards. Join a diverse team of global colleagues driven to help patients resume and enjoy active lives.
Who is Bioventus?
We are the market leader in developing clinically proven and cost-effective orthobiologic solutions for surgical and non-surgical bone healing and osteoarthritis, with products recognized for their safety, innovation and effectiveness.
$350+ million in annual revenue
700 employees worldwide
Helping 440,000+ people every year
The Bioventus team always puts patients at the forefront, and their needs are the priority in the choices we make and actions we take.
Order Management / Customer Service Specialist
Full-time / Office based / Toronto Canada.
As a Customer Service order management Specialist you will support the strategy of the company by aggressively pursuing authorization and reimbursement while establishing a resource of expertise to the payers. Supports sales goals by securing authorizations and delivering the highest level of reimbursement. Supports clinic reimbursement services and client relationships via prompt and efficient benefits verifications.
Ideal candidates have strong interpersonal skills and determination to provide the best possible experience to our customers and coworkers. They strive for excellent performance, driven by the willingness to both teach and learn. They are good team players, dynamic, optimistic, accurate, well-organized, and ambitious about developing as a professional.
What you’ll be doing
· Pre-screen all prescriptions for completeness and enters in SAP within 2 hours
· Support all calls from sales team regarding orders/patient cases, enable sales force effectiveness
· Manage incoming Customer Calls
· Daily mail and incoming customer mailbox management within 2 hours
· Prepare & send predetermination letters to insurers & schedule appropriate follow-ups based on payer timeline and patient context using SAP workbench
· Manage daily calls to payers to obtain authorization of reimbursement for the company’s product
· Educates and informs sales personnel regarding reimbursement issues in their territory
· Process and expedite patient orders and confirm correct customer billing; includes contacting the appropriate departments to ensure the smooth processing and shipment of orders, ensuring all relevant documentation is attached to order / file as needed
· Investigate up-front denials through verbal & written communication with insurance companies.
· Clearly communicate coverage details and financing options to facilitate patient access to care
· Identifies negative trends with payers and works to resolve with key personnel
· Input all (email, fax and web) sales orders on day of receipt
· Customer creation & management of data integrity within SAP and between systems
· Process product sample requests per established sample program procedures
· Communicate with patients to troubleshoot issues (product, shipping, pricing) and provide prompt resolution
· Coordinate product complaints by collecting and documenting data from the patient to determine the issue and escalate as appropriate. Register complaints in the Global Quality system. Manage approvals with Marketing Team for Exogen Performance Program claims.
· Compliance with company policies, data privacy and document control
· Provide feedback to Manager on issues & concerns that impact our external & internal customers.
· Perform benefits verification calls and provide coverage details letter to clinics within 24h of receipt of prescription
· Maintain clinic patient tracker and collaborate with Operations Analyst on file maintenance and reporting as needed
· Cover other markets & tasks as required to support business continuity.
What you’ll bring to the table
· Native English language is essential
· Medical authorisation experience an advantage, but not essential
· Preferably you hold a Bachelor degree, or are degree calibre in a business related field
· Minimum 2 years experience working in Customer Care/Reimbursement environment
· Strong persuasion/negotiation skills.
· Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with Payers and Patients over the phone.
· Must display professional persistence, manage detailed information, maintain high level of organization, and display strong proficiency in multi-tasking by effectively managing time, projects and priorities.
· Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly; Ability to type 30 wpm+ an advantage
· Proficient knowledge of SAP (or similar system), MS Office Suite, especially Excel & PowerPoint
What you’ll receive
· The satisfaction of driving real change in the industry and people’s lives
· A diverse global community of people who are driven by a shared purpose to help patients
· A business that acts with integrity in all interactions with co-workers, leaders and customers
· We value others and build success by appreciating differences in thought, opinion, background, skills and perspectives
· An environment of continuous learning and development
· Flat organizational structures which elevate employees’ level of responsibility
· Meaningful opportunities for professional development and mentoring
· Competitive compensation package, including salary as well as bonus
· Exciting benefits package, including vacation; medical, dental and vision benefits; Student Debt Program; life insurance; and pension plan
Are you the top talent we are looking for?
Apply now! Hit the “Apply” button to send us your resume and cover letter.
Bioventus is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Secondary School (preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19