Harrison Hot Springs Resortis currently recruiting for the position of Conference Services Manager
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the Conference Services Manager will be responsible for all aspects of events planned at the Resort including Food and Beverage. A main focus of this position will be wedding/reception events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
- Produce all Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) for groups, as assigned and communicate in a timely fashion with the client.
- Confirm that all details as they pertain to client events are included in the Banquet Event Order. Review with client and secure confirmation (signature) of Banquet Event Order prior to distribution.
- Review all event orders with client upon arrival at Resort.
- Act as a liaison between client and banquet department to ensure product and service delivery meets/exceeds client expectations.
- Responsible for the detailed documentation (BEO) of all catering functions and the distribution of the BEO to all involved parties.
- Plan and order supplies and equipment required to carry out events.
- Conduct weekly banquet event order (BEO) meetings with Banquet Department and Kitchen
- Check the reader board information and weekly events listing for accuracy.
- Manage Meeting and Banquet space to ensure optimum usage of entire floor.
- Participate in preconvention meetings and site inspections as required
- Maintain and consistently update Delphi accounts, bookings and client contact information. Ensure traces are followed up on in a timely fashion.
- Maximize revenue opportunities with all groups through the upselling of food and beverage, application of meeting room rental and Audio/Visual charges, wherever possible.
- Apply Resort policies and procedures in activities and correspondence as required.
- Confirm group business by contract and ensure that all essential details are addressed in the documentation.
- Ensure that banquet rooms are set up as per banquet event orders and/or floor plan.
- To ensure accuracy, review daily all bills produced by the Banquet Department before forwarding to Accounting. Work closely with client, Front Desk and Accounting on client billing details.
- Produce labels, restaurant vouchers and other related documents that may be required by groups.
- Ability to handle stress resulting from daily guest interactions (internal and external), budgetary, and time constraints.
- Follow up and process client deposits.
- Produce floor plans for events.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- College or equivalent degree.
- Minimum four (4) years catering sales/event planning experience in a hotel/resort environment.
- Previous experience in wedding event planning is required.
- Knowledge and experience using Delphi.
- Comprehensive Food and Beverage knowledge.
- Ability to plan and execute events with a strong sense of detail.
- Professional and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy, MS Office (mainly Excel and Word some PowerPoint may be required).
- Able to work for extended periods of time on your feet without physical impediment (extensive walking, standing, sitting, seeing and hearing).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in a fast paced environment. Weekend coverage of events will be required.
- Based on workload, excellent time management skills are required.
- Must be able to deal with problem solving situations, and make judgment decisions.
- Being multi lingual is an asset.
- Must be able to deal with issues arising from guest complaints (internal and external) in a timely manner using problem solving and de-escalating techniques.
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Planning: 1 year (Required)