We are seeking interactive, motivated and responsible teachers who genuinely enjoy teaching students from all over the world. Our online lessons are live sessions with international students of varying ages. The teacher must have a strong knowledge of the ESL language standard, and be willing to teach from the comfort of their home. Schedules vary depending on demand and on time zone.
At this time, we are looking for three (3) candidates who are willing to work with the Asian time zone. However, candidates for all time zones are also welcome to apply.
Start date: as soon as possible
Must speak English at an idiomatic level with at least 1 year of classroom experience. Live online teaching experience is an asset
Bachelor’s degree in any related field
TESL Canada certificate from accredited institution
Comfortable working with computers, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom and Skype etc.
The ideal candidate will work well independently, work well with various students of different ages and from different cultural backgrounds, be flexible, pay great attention to detail, and be caring with our students.
- Assess and identify students’ individual learning needs
- Develop interesting and engaging lessons plans and instructional materials for students
- Keep students engaged using a variety of teaching techniques: lessons, discussions, videos, presentations, etc.
- Focus on developing students’ English language skills – speaking, reading, writing and listening
- Assign and marks homework
- Evaluate and review the progress of students and provides feedback
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student learning and progress and modify instructional methods to fit individual students’ needs, including students with special needs; incorporate individual and small group instruction
- Organize and maintain accurate and complete record-keeping and reporting for all students’ progress, assignments and achievements
- Live online instruction hours/schedule is flexible
- Prepare and host demo lessons for prospective students
As part of the interview process, candidates will be asked to prepare a 20- minute demo lesson on a given topic appropriate for children or adult ESL learners.
We thank all the applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Contract, Casual
Salary: $14.00 - $20.00 per hour
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)