Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
Internal Communications Specialist
Director, Strategic Communications
Full Time Permanent
Remote (Across Canada)
At World Vision we value the contribution and worth of each team member. We work together, unified by our respect for each other, the World Vision values and the pursuit of our global mission to help families have healthier, safer lives in the most difficult and dangerous places to live.
If you are deeply passionate about working with employees and doing impactful and purposeful work that makes a real and lasting difference in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children, then you could be the perfect fit to join our award-winning Strategic Communications team as our Internal Communications Specialist. In this newly created role, you’ll be instrumental in driving our internal communications strategies and contributing to employer brand initiatives as we support our amazing team and invite Canadians to join us on our mission to do more for more children.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
Internal Communications (75%)
- Work with Director, Strategic Communications, to develop, implement and manage integrated internal communication programs in order to support employee engagement goals so employees are informed, inspired, energized as we serve the world’s most vulnerable children.
- Develop and help execute internal communications plans that support World Vision Canada’s strategic initiatives, including supporting our shift to a remote-first environment, leader communications in various formats, presentations, and special projects.
- Drive strategy, plan content, and oversee execution for our company All-Hands and other all-staff communications, including supporting our monthly staff newsletter.
- Recommend and set internal communications benchmark and measure performance.
- Recommend and develop or edit key employee-facing communications that support organizational priorities and key employee initiatives.
- Support content governance and adoption of intranet as a source of priority content and timely information.
- Advise World Vision executives and teams across the organization on internal communications best practice and opportunities.
- Write employee and company communications on behalf of executives.
- Partner closely with our People & Culture team to help support messaging and announcements regarding employee programs, benefits and key updates.
- Work closely with Manager, Strategic Communications to develop innovative ways to share employee stories and strategic hires on brand and other external/partner channels.
- Work with World Vision International internal communications colleagues on global internal content opportunities and to share best practice.
Content Development and Issues Management (25%)
- Collaborate, ideate and develop blog, executive and brand social media content that supports employer brand initiatives.
- Support issues messaging from an internal communications perspective.
- Work with Director and Customer Care team to support issues management.
- Recommend updates to issues response documentation.
- 5+ years relevant experience in internal communications and/or communications at corporate, agency or NGO environment..
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proven track record of successfully establishing and scaling internal communications programs through innovative vehicles and technology, and ideating ways to share our stories internally with employees.
- Experience partnering with team leaders and executives to craft strategic messaging.
- Experience partnering with HR teams.
- Passion for creating a transparent, inclusive, and empathetic workplace culture.
- Understanding of leveraging digital platform for cohesive internal communications.
- Proven experience managing and building brand reputation externally and internally.
- Strong analytical skills, able to clearly assess and evaluate issues and alternative approaches.
- High commitment to confidentiality.
- Diligent goal/KPI setter, track and measure internal communications programs/campaigns performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience working collaboratively and creatively.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills, with the ability to work with a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of the media and humanitarian aid sectors a plus.
- Design and video-editing skills a plus.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Canada's Top 100 GTA's Top 10
Our Core Values:
We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.