Anaconda Mining is accepting resumes for the following full-time position of Maintenance Supervisor at Anaconda Mining's Point Rousse site. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible through the application of a strong predictive/preventive maintenance methodology, to all supervise maintenance activities related to the repair and overhaul of assets and equipment related the mill, mine, outbuildings and services.
The Maintenance Supervisor will work closely with Maintenance Planner and provide team coverage for annual leave. Your role will also be responsible to review equipment reliability data, annual maintenance plans and PM strategies to improve the maintenance strategy.
Available Position(s): Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Point Rousse Project
Closing Date: Friday, June 28th, 2019
- Using vendor data, build and maintain a database of Bills of Material for all equipment
- Develop predictive/preventive maintenance programs based on criticality lists, vendor recommendations, plant data, and personal experience
- Build and maintain the maintenance system by creating and modifying master data and maintenance plans for the generation of scheduled maintenance activities using the asset management work management process.
- Assist in the identification of maintenance work by reviewing notifications and work requests for work order creation. Identify if a recurring task requires a task list maintenance plan.
- Demonstrate flexibility and innovation through tailoring of maintenance plans to accommodate short term and long term modifications to the business plan.
- Create work orders from notifications using task lists, add required planning information to work orders, assign priorities based on criticality, add required safety information (MSDS, etc.) and release the orders for scheduling.
- Identify long lead time components for work order operations; raise requisitions for all materials and external services required to execute the work order.
- Work closely with procurement and warehouse personnel to ensure timely and adequate stocking of spare parts.
- Raise tasks on notifications for master data requirements identified during planning.
- Evaluate finished work orders for completeness, accuracy, effectiveness and compliance to plan.
- Liaise with site personnel to develop the maintenance shutdown strategy for the execution of major equipment overhauls.
- Actively participate in business improvement initiatives.
- Execute continuous improvement projects that improve delivery of the team's key outputs.
- Improve the implementation of the work management process and help the business to achieve delivery of its business improvement plans.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary (college or university) education in a related field
- trade certification
- An advanced diploma or certificate, specialist training or significant experience in the fields of maintenance management, asset management or reliability
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in scheduling/coordinating maintenance activities in a heavy industrial or mining environment
- Exposure to working with millwrights, welders, pipefitters and electricians
- Experience with contract management and prior dealings with OEM's
- Experience as a leader in the field of maintenance execution
- A solid working knowledge SAGE 300 Service Manager or similar CMMS program would be ideal.
- Familiar with the Office 365 software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)