In this role, you will be required to pick up dogs from their homes and walk them as scheduled. A key element of this role is to have physical stamina and the ability to control multiple dogs during walks with intermittent hazards such as vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Success in this role is determined by client satisfaction and the health and well-being of the clients’ pets.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Walk dogs according to times specified by dog owners in various weather conditions.
- Conduct consultations with new clients and completing client information forms.
- Report any unusual or abnormal observations of pets.
- Safely transporting dogs to and from their homes.
- Provide companionship during work hours or vacation absences as well.
- Provide dogs with food and water when applicable.
- Plan walking routes.
- Properly dispose of dog waste.
- Observe pets’ behavior.
- Takes dogs to the veterinarian and notify owners in case of emergencies, if dogs becomes sick or Injured before, during, or after walks.
- Provide regular updates to clients which includes sharing photos and videos.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Sound understanding of dog behavior.
- Must have physical strength and stamina as well as the ability to walk for long periods of time.
- Prior experience working with dogs (different breeds and sizes).
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Patient, punctual, reliable and compassionate
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Police Background Check
- Vehicle capable of fitting 5-6 dogs.
NOTE: Service area is in Vaughan/Woodbridge/Kleinburg (York Region).
****Serious inquiries only please****. Position is temporary to start but may turn into permanent position.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $450.00-$550.00 per week
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees will wear masks when entering client homes, and have sanitizer available at all times.
- dog walking: 1 year (preferred)