Our valued client is seeking a:
Long Term Care – Non-For-Profit
New Hamburg, Ontario
The town of New Hamburg can be found midway between Kitchener and Stratford, Ontario. The downtown showcases well-maintained Victorian homes, many of which are used to house businesses such as bookstores, fine dining restaurants and offices. Flowing through the downtown core of New Hamburg is the Nith River which features a 50-foot waterwheel, touted as the largest operating waterwheel in North America. Fishing and picnicking are favourite pastimes that can be enjoyed at the Nith River. New Hamburg is a great place to live and work!
COMPANY AND POSITION OVERVIEW:
Our valued client is a not-for-profit service agency that has provided leadership in service to seniors and developmentally disabled individuals since 1968.
They have three operating divisions.
- Nithview Community in New Hamburg – Independent Living, Retirement Assisted Living, Long-Term Care
- Greenwood Court in Stratford – Independent Living, Retirement Living, Advance Care Plus Suites, Long-Term Care
- Aldaview Services in New Hamburg provides support to people with developmental disabilities
As a valued member of the team, the Executive Director will provide daily operational leadership and direction while demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the organization's vision, mission and values. Nithview's mission is "Making Every Day Matter".
The Executive Director is accountable for the effective and efficient operation of all aspects of Nithview Community, in accordance with standards, policies and practices of Nithview Community and TCMH and in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements including:
- Resident care
- Dietary services
- Recreation services
- Environmental services
- Maintenance and property management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Overseeing all committee activity related to the operation of Nithview Community and participating as required
- Preparing reports for the Ministry, TCMH Corporate Office and others, as required
- Developing the annual operating and capital budgets, in cooperation and consultation with the Chief Financial Officer
- implementing corrective strategies when there is a budget/plan variance, to ensure the overall achievement of objectives
- Developing marketing, talent and training plans and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) targets
- The effective promotion and development of Residents’ and/or Family Councils; attendance at Residents’ and Family Council meetings, upon invitation; addressing suggestions, new initiatives, concerns and/or complaints; providing effective follow-up and resolution on all issues identified by the Councils
- Actively promoting Nithview Community and, in cooperation with TCMH, overseeing all marketing activities such as: marketing materials, tours, community outreach and advertising & promotion
- Working together with the TCMH Maintenance Department, to ensure that the buildings and property are maintained in accordance with TCMH standards and in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Building and sustaining a high-performing team that is capable of delivering quality work and meeting goals
- Able to identify and organize the necessary resources (i.e. people, budgets, technology systems and knowledge) to deliver the required results and generate group cooperation and commitment from employees
- Able to create accurate and objective assessments of what needs to be done and in what order
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement that are both pragmatic and resourceful and in the best interest of all stakeholders
- Able to understand the changing and multiple needs of current and future Residents, TCMH, LHINs, government, etc., with a view to providing what is best for the Resident (resident first approach)
- Assisting with TCMH projects and activities as required
- Promotes the Residents' Bill of Rights and the philosophy and practices of resident centered care and respect in all residents' encounters and decisions.
- Has a three-year post-secondary degree, or a two-year post-secondary diploma in health or social services
- Five years’ relevant management experience
- Previous experience in long term care
- Possesses the Administrator Certification or is enrolled in the course
- Working knowledge of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 and the regulations under each
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office; GoldCare accounting is an asset, Point Click Care clinical is an asset
- Knowledge of employment standards, health and safety standards and human rights
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with colleagues, clients, employees, volunteers and the community at large
Competitive compensation package designed to attract star performers.
Leaders Helping Leaders...We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 5 years (Required)
- long term care: 3 years (Required)
- Administrator Certification or is enrolled in the course (Required)