WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values:
optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Our Canadian Media team is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as Rights
Administrator to service both Commissions and Acquisitions. Reporting to the Manager of Acquisitions, your core responsibility will be to focus on all aspects of Program License Agreements and Program deliverables. You are a self-starter and have a strong attention to detail, can work in a fast paced
environment and work well under tight time frames while managing multiple projects. Most
importantly, you are knowledgeable and passionate about content!
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage and track all program license agreements
- Enter program license agreement details into contract database and scheduling systems (Broadview)
- Liaise with Scheduling team to ensure all new contracts are communicated
- Process purchase orders in connection to acquired and commissioned contracts
- Track all invoices for Commissions and Acquisitions and Liaise with Accounts Payable
- Work closely with Media Services to ensure proper delivery of all materials needed for broadcast
- Ensure and track contractual obligations are met, inclusive of closed captioning and described video files, CRTC numbers, marketing materials and delivery deadlines
- Track content and maintain folder for all output deals
- Update Marketing assets database
- Troubleshoot & perform other duties as assigned
Key Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years working in a related position in media
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Excel, experience working with databases such as Broadview or other media scheduling software and online tools
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to details
- Ability to take initiative and pro-active problem-solving skills
- Proficient accounting skills
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.