Forecast, and coordinate operational forestry activities (planning, logging, truck hauling, road construction, road maintenance, road deactivation, silviculture and waste / residue surveys). Lead, plan and manage the resources activities on forest tenures associated with the site.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Budgets and forecasting
- Contract Administration (Contract and contract addendum preparation, reviews, revisions, and offers (planning, logging, road construction, log hauling, road maintenance, road deactivation, road cost sharing agreements, silviculture and waste and residue survey activities) up to $15,000,000
- Implement, coordinate, and adhere to applicable plans associated with operational forest activities (e.g. site plans, log plans, road permits, road designs, log quality and bucking specs, log flows)
- Coordinate and oversee multiple planning, logging, hauling, road construction, road maintenance, road deactivation, silviculture and waste and residue contractor force (many contractors Annually),
- Silviculture prescription development and negotiate and manage layout, engineering and other forest development and planning contracts
- Manage the submission and approval of cutting permits
- Contractor Safety (ensure the contractors have comprehensive and functional programs, due diligence documentation, internal audits, prime contractor designation, and start up documentation verification),
- Coordinate and supervise LP direct reports for planning, silviculture, logging and road activities,
- Adhere to Safety Program, attend Safety Committee meeting, monthly staff safety inspections, and assistance with safety program review and revisions (as applicable)
- Manage LP Mill SFI program administration, (Implementation, program review and revisions, and participate in 3rd party audits)
- Maintain knowledge of applicable Forestry Legislation
- Assist Area Forest Manager II with special projects and/or negotiations
- Conduct market analysis, timber valuation.
- Oversee special projects, inventory analysis and GIS gathering
- Act as the Receiver for FRD Invoices through SAP
- Staff and contractor training (Safety and SFI)
- Hire , train and manage performance of staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Safety conscious
- Strong educational, technical and operational background in forestry
- Ability to plan and coordinate resources,
- Cost orientated,
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and is adaptive
- Strong knowledge of applicable forestry and safety legislation, and Company Policies, Procedures and EMS programs
- Ability to drive
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or related field and RPF designation.
- 2 - 3 years' supervisory experience.
- 5 - 7 years' forestry experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Indoor and Outdoor environment (subject to elements of nature)
- Sporadic travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Procurement: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- forestry: 5 years (Required)
- RFP Designation (Required)
- English (Required)