1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Job Description Summary
As part of the larger Supply Chain Logistics organization, the Systems team is responsible for the standardization of processes; measurement and reporting as well as systems design and deployment to support day-to-day operations and changes within Loblaw’s Supply Chain. In partnership with the operational Supply Chain teams, this team strives to maintain accurate information, consistent practices and efficiencies within Supply Chain Operations.
The Systems team will be accountable for the design, implementation and maintenance for all systems used across the supply chain operational network. This team will work in partnership with operations leadership and IT to establish and maintain a process to evaluate systems requirements to support operational execution.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Work with operational subject matter experts (SMEs) to document system design specifications and communicate requirements to IT partners
- Perform data validation, functional design and testing in support of deliverables
- Analyze issues and data to identify opportunities for system optimization
- Present the results of analyses of business issues/needs and functionality of project results to operational leadership in a clear and concise format
- Work with operations stakeholders on system implementation and sustainment of the new application and reinforce new business processes
- Provide continuous support and training throughout the go live process, and be central point of contact for colleagues on related issues
- Create incident tickets for issue resolution; ensure the incidents are raised and addressed within agreed time frames; provide status updates to stakeholders
- Work with IT and Data teams as required to resolve system issues
- Facilitate status updates with user groups and management on issue status, system availabilities, system changes, and training needs
- Process and track change requests and defects that are received.
- Provide individual coaching to help users troubleshoot errors and to train users on more complex processes
- Assist Learning & Development to design training materials
- Deliver training or provide support to SMEs and/or end users
How You’ll Succeed:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain or System Projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to work with complex data systems and perform detailed analysis
- Database experience with SAS, PLSQL, Teradata and Oracle applications/languages
- Highly motivated to meet all deadlines and expectations
- Flexible to adapt to changing dynamics and problem-solving approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very detail-oriented with strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Extensive problem solving experience, conducting and identifying root cause analysis, escalating issues as necessary
- University or College degree in computer science, Industrial Engineering, business technology management, or supply chain management is ideal
- Warehouse automation and robotics experience is an asset
- Previous experience with any of the following systems is an asset:
- Kronos, Manhattan (WM/LM), Red Prairie Time & Attendance, SAP, JDA (IPFR/TMS)
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.