Job Title: Inventory Specialist
The Company is a North American distributor of luxury decorative plumbing and hardware products. Our focus is to offer curated brands to our network of high-end kitchen and bath showrooms across the US and Canada. We are looking for an Inventory Specialist to join our team and be a part of the growth of this unique and innovative business.
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for supporting the Purchasing Department while engaging with other departments in enterprise-wide strategic sourcing strategies.
The Inventory Specialist assesses the elements of the department and helps to define, execute, and support ongoing and new initiatives. Works independently taking a proactive approach in supporting the Company in ensuring a value commitment to all business partners is met.
- Process requisitions ensuring accurate price, quantity breaks, and supplier criteria.
- Help manage inventory planning and ensure physical receipt of inventory.
- Gather and analyze data to determine the optimal purchasing strategy.
- Monitor supplier delivery dates and track supplier performance.
- Monitor sourcing projects and report on costs savings, timelines, and milestone status.
- Use the company’s ERP system to manage data and perform daily activities.
- Interact with freight transportation companies and customs brokers to monitor and ensure the continuous flow of inbound material.
- Support the organizations continuous improvement efforts to ensure efficient and effective sourcing activities.
- Reconcile price discrepancies with accounting as required.
- Assist with vendor returns and maintain tracking of all returns
- Cultivate strategic alliances with partners and vendors.
- Perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as required by business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate's degree in business or related field preferred
- Plumbing knowledge preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record keeping
- Proficient in using inventory management software and Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel) - experience with DDI software would be an asset, but not necessary
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you meet the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC J7V 0N3