We are seeking a skilled Investment Advisor (IA) Assistant in our Vancouver office. Drawing on your background and/or education in the financial services industry you will use your knowledge of the Canadian market to support the daily administration needs of an IA in this branch. You have polished organizational skills and are self-motivated with an excellent, “can-do” work ethic.
- Assist IA in preparing for client appointments
- Respond to client inquiries on administrative questions
- Provide market information or quotes to clients
- Follow up with prospective clients and clients on active inquiries
- Communicate effectively with the advisors you support
- Manage incoming/outbound client phone calls
- Ensure client accounts are processed accurately including account opening/closing and transfers
- Communicate with head office associates on compliance and operations matters
- Process trades and other transactions
- Maintain a current understanding of the regulatory landscape
- Career oriented; work well individually or as part of a team atmosphere
- Skilled in Microsoft Office 10
- Quick learner adept to grasping new technologies and processes
- Organized, focused and capable of working under tight deadlines
- Discreet and experienced in handling confidential client information
- Familiarity of investment needs with retirees
- Driven to deliver client service excellence
- Keen problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly on your feet
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an financial setting
- University degree or college diploma in a finance related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Investment Representative or Registered Representative IIROC licence is required.
Compensation to be commensurate with experience
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.
About Mackie Research Capital Corporation
In 1921, Mackie Research Capital Corporation was formed into what is today, one of Canada’s largest, independent, full-service investment firms. From the pre-boom markets of the early 20’s through the crash of ’29, Mackie Research Capital Corporation has demonstrated that our innovative, entrepreneurial formula has created a successful model for brokers in the industry, weathering even the most challenging market conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
- IA Assistant/Administrative: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)
- IIROC (Required)
- English (Required)