Hickory Dickory Decks is the largest deck company in Canada located in over 65 cities. With franchises located predominantly in Ontario, H.D.D. has excelled by providing top quality decks combined with excellent customer service. With over 25,000 projects completed and more than 30 years’ worth of experience, H.D.D. has become a leader in the deck building industry as Canada’s largest custom deck builders. Great opportunities exist for independent and self-motivated people who do not like sitting in a cubicle all day. H.D.D provides an environment that fosters employee growth geared towards your career goals. If you are interested in working for a corporation that offers a variety of responsibilities and experiences out of College, please consider joining us!
Job Title: Management Trainee
Job Location: Head Office at 115 Dundas St. West, Hamilton, ON
Job Duration/Hours: Full-time
Phone #: 905-689-4774
The position at the H.D.D. Head Office involves learning all aspects of a small to mid-size business including designing, selling, and building of custom projects, project management, providing customer service, giving franchisee support, marketing, and more. This is a full time position that would be starting in Spring 2019 (likely April/May) and would extend until Fall 2019 (Sept/Oct), with opportunities for extensions past these dates.
- Learn to build custom decks - this will require you to be working on job sites for a majority of your time in order to learn about the company and the industry from the ground up
- Responsible for designing deck sketches from initial concept and 3D designs to completed drawing sets for building and permit application purposes
- Applying for building permits, organizing the required information and tracking the application process
- Constant interaction with customer from initial sales call until completion of job, including collecting of cheques and customer referrals
- Schedule and perform sales estimates for future customers and maintain accurate sales records
- Involved with selling materials and providing product knowledge to customers
- Lean how to build a custom deck
- Attending events such as charity golf tournaments and shows
- Post-secondary degree/diploma
- Excellent communication skills needed for dealing with management, builders, and customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Great leadership qualities
- Basic working computer knowledge in MS Office Suite.
- Design software experience is an asset (AutoCAD and SketchUp)
- Strong work ethic towards building and expanding the company
- Construction experience an asset
- You will be working on job sites and in the office as well as travelling to customers’ homes for sales calls – therefore you must have a valid G or G2 license.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and some Saturday’s during peak season (Spring and Summer months)
We thank you for your interest in this position at Hickory Dickory Decks, however, please be advised only those applicants that are considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)