Founded in 1985, La Vie en Rose has distinguished itself as a Canadian leader in the field of lingerie and jerseys with more than 3,000 employees. The company has more than 230 stores across Canada, and our ultimate goal is to make you feel beautiful and comfortable in our lingerie and swimsuits and provide you with outstanding customer service. In addition, since 2006 we have entered the international market and our brand is now represented in 18 countries.
At La Vie en Rose, employees are the most important asset of the company. It is important for us that employees feel appreciated in their work. That's why we encourage in-house promotions and offer the best possible training to our employees so that they all develop a long and beautiful career at La Vie en Rose.
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the Design and Product Development Manager, the colourist technician manages the approval process and organization of colours, prints and fabrics. The incumbent must pay special attention to detail to ensure colour standards are met for each category and that the process moves fluently and efficiently. The incumbent will work closely with the technical design and fitting team and the Technical Design & Fitting team as well as the designers.
- Creates digital colour cards for each delivery based on the colour palette chosen by the design department;
- Creates all colour codes and standards with PLM;
- Responsible for lab dip requests with overseas suppliers;
- Reviews and approves / rejects lab dip submissions ensuring consistency of colour for all fabrics and trims;
- Communicates all irregularities in regards to lap dips, prints and fabrics, directly with suppliers;
- Ensures consistency of colour matching and accuracy of colour for all products;
- Provides expertise for designers on printing and dyeing techniques;
- Works with the design and development team to solve any printing or dyeing issues;
- Files and organizes lab dips and strike offs for future reference;
- Tracks lab dip submissions and comments for colours, while respecting deadlines and the production calendar for all suppliers;
- Develops, orders, and maintains Pantone library for the design team;
- Responsible for analyzing print techniques and providing direction to manufactures;
- Helps the design team research and develop new fabrics;
- Catalogues and organizes fabric and trim library and aids in organizing design samples;
- Process to quality control with the Technical Design & Fitting team;
- Helps in all other tasks related to the design and product development.
- Collegiate diploma in fashion design or equivalent;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar position;
- Must pass Munsell 100 colour test and have a trained colour eye as well as vast knowledge of fabrics and processes;
- Knowledge of fabric and printing techniques;
- Interest in production cycle, fabrics, fabric manufacturing and its impact on design;
- Bilingual (written and spoken) ;
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft office suite with basic knowledge of Illustrator;
- Organized, detail-oriented and autonomous;
- Respects deadlines.
The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to have legal consequences. La Vie en Rose is committed to employment equity. La Vie en Rose has put in place an adaptation process that provides accommodation for selected candidates for an interview.