CASH SUPERVISOR / CUSTOMER SERVICE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
To be a great Cash Supervisor / Customer Service Representative you need to love dealing with people. You need to understand that your interaction with them leaves an overall impression and impacts if they will choose to shop at Kent again.
- Supervising front end cashiers, customer service and gate house associates
- Arranging breaks and lunches
- Handling cash tils, counting, coining, verifying totals ensuring cashiers input in system
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the front end/customer service
- Customer service desk, assisting with refunds
- Authorize payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Train and arrange for the training of new sales staff
- Answering front desk phone and directing calls
- Strong mathematical skills and basic computer system knowledge
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Experience as a Supervisor or Customer Service Representative
- Ability to handle moderate physical demands: standing for 4 hours, lift a medium size merchandise if required up to 50 lbs.
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: 225 Chain Lake Dr, Halifax, NS B3S 1C9, Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent