Machine Operator Job Description
- Operation and maintenance of the CNC and Mechanical press breaks.
- Creating and modifying bend programs as per bend drawings or blue prints.
- Performing bend operations to establish a correctly formed part.
- Verifying dimensions from bend drawings to actual finished parts.
- Organization of finished parts to ensure no defective markings.
- Cleaning of parts prior to forming. This includes shake out of finished punched parts and deburring of all exposed edges using a rake, dyna-file, or grinder.
- Fabricating parts for service staff when required.
- Calculating flat blanks for parts made by hand. (i.e. coping, notching, punch press, and shearing)
- Preparing formed parts for final assembly.
- Cleaning of punches and dies used during bend operations.
- Cleaning of machine and surroundings for safe working conditions.
- Machine Operators will be required to work all machines on the shop floor knowledgeably, such as: Break Presses, Punch Presses, Rolls, Drill Presses, Saws, Mechanical Punch Presses, Mechanical Notching, and all other hand tools used in fabrication.
- Assembly of individual parts to achieve finished well built components.
- Proper use of hand tools for assembly and fabrication.
- Insulating and foam cutting for sub assemblies.
- Assembly of manufactured machines.
- Assisting with shipping and receiving if required.
- Fork lift use and safety.
- Assisting in shop cleanliness. (i.e. scrap cut up, floor sweeping, garbage removal)
- Assisting in all other shop tasks when required.
- Assisting in all on site installations of equipment or removal.
- Full-time, Permanent
- Day Shift: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm Monday to Friday
- Night Shift: 3:00 pm – 1:30 am Monday to Thursday
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $18.74-$22.48 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- cnc operator: 3 years (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 3 years (Preferred)